Highlight light brown color on white bresse?

Ha right? If you look at the breed standards, both would be flaws. But I love my chickens just the way they are. One of my lavenders is getting black feathers on her back. *Shakes head* lol - she is one of my favorites so she could grow horns and I'd still be like "You do you sister." LOL

I have one that has crooked toes and black bleeding through and a little black on one tail. However, his body type is much bigger than the rusty one and he is two weeks younger. I am more concerned about body type then feather color.

I plan on crossing a clean white Bresse chicken with a white Plymouth rock latter this year. Two different pairs from different farms and then breed the off springs together like they do to develop the Jumbo Cornish x Rock......
Indeed - I just bought enough to keep the very best and freezer camp the rest. :)

Has anyone tried putting a no crow collar on a Bresse rooster? When my Bresse rooster first started to crow, I put a no crow collar on him. I used the same velcro collar i used on Heritage breeds last year, and everything was okay. One day he had a lot of mucus on his neck feathers, so I gave him a break and took off the collar. Two weeks latter, I put the same collar back on him and the collar seem short. His neck got thicker?

Back
Top Bottom