Holding your breath for 18 days......(BABY PICS PG 5!)

Anguissette

Songster
9 Years
Jan 31, 2010
Eastern NC
is an exceedingly difficult task! I am waiting to see if my late season breeding for one of my mares took. Because I have been waiting a long time for a mare to breed to this stud I am so excited and nervous every time I think about it......and that is OFTEN!

I am on day 7!

Last edited:
I can imagine holding you breath for so long... and then to wait for her to foal!
barnie.gif
Pray you don't go insane waiting. lol
pop.gif

I am trying to take it one step at a time instead of thinking about the 11 months after we confirm pregnancy.....oh no you made me think about it!
fl.gif

That 11 month thing is just an estimate as most mares can't read or follow instructions. I had a mare that carried her foal for 377 days. A friend's mare whent for 396 days. (YES, we both knew the exact breeding dates.)

@Boss......thanks, now I am thinking about THAT!
tongue.png

My girl was bred on the 5th and on the 6th via AI. She had a 5.1 follicle!

fl.gif
Can you believe day 7 isn't even over yet?!

Now all you have to do is wait for another 10 days for an ultrasound to confirm pregnancy, then add another 359 days for her to foal. That is if she doesn't abort. she will need to get vaccinated. Will she need Regumate? So your next task is to order yourself a mintjulep and sip on it slowly on a sunny beach in Hawaii.

Last edited:
BOSS! You are not helping!!
barnie.gif

Best of all.....she is a maiden mare......so no clue how her pregnancy will progress or if there will be problems......wanna check in next year and see if I am NUTS? Heheh.

A friend owned a 10 month old filly that got bred by her stallion that got loose out of his pen's open gate while her teenage son was cleaning the pen. Her son didn't tell her about that insident as he didn't want to get into trouble. Immagine the shock 11 months later as well as the Vet. bills. She was wondering why the filly was growing sideways but not upwards. Now she knows.

Back
Top Bottom