Holy Crest

Hennyfromdblock

Songster
Sep 15, 2021
Just got one of my dream chickens, a polish hen. Which I’m still iffy about on gender. The person I got her from said she’s about 2yrs old and lays. I’ve done my research before hand and noticed the difference between their head feathers. Now it does seem to me that it’s a she but doesn’t hurt to ask. Also any tips on introducing to the flock? The last time I introduced were my two 2 month old chicks to my 4 hens at the time and they all took them in without a squabble. Now I have 6 chickens and 2 of those are big mamas that just tag along and bully the roosters, so I know they’re going to come after her. At the moment she’s free ranging with them (they free range all day and are only In their coop for sleepy time) and she’s only been chased but not pecked. I do have a seperate spot for her at night or should I put her in their coop? I’m afraid that in the mornings they’re gonna beat her up while they wait for me to open their door to free range. Thank you guys in advance! Below are some pictures of the new babe. :confused: F665F3C2-1DC8-45A7-917D-88B3BAF6638A.jpeg
1D80852F-B8FB-4756-924D-1F5CD964E22B.jpeg
960EF42F-DC52-48A3-894B-615042ADBFE1.jpeg

Just got one of my dream chickens, a polish hen. Which I’m still iffy about on gender. The person I got her from said she’s about 2yrs old and lays. I’ve done my research before hand and noticed the difference between their head feathers. Now it does seem to me but doesn’t hurt to ask. Also any tips on introducing to the flock? I have 6 chickens and 2 of those are big mamas that just tag along and bully the roosters, so I know they’re going to come after her. At the moment she’s free ranging with them (they free range all day and are only In their coop for sleepy time) and she’s only been chased but not pecked. I do have a seperate spot for her at night or should I put her in their coop? I’m afraid that in the mornings they’re gonna beat her up while they wait for me to open their door to free range. Thank you guys in advance! Below are some pictures of the new babe. :confused:View attachment 2858574View attachment 2858575View attachment 2858573
She is a hen! :)

Back
Top Bottom