Honey - there's a chicken knocking on the door!

Mine wait around the front door, too.

And they have also started running down the gravel drive after I get the gate closed behind my car.

You do know how funny chickens look when they run, right??? Imagine 10 to 15 of the, from banties to the dominant rooster, all different breeds.

I have to push them away from the driver's door to get out, even though I have never given them treats immediately after getting out of the car. I always go inside first, then come back out to do the hand-feeding treats thing.

Last edited:
yes, i know what chickens running looks like and i agree it's amazing and hilarious all at the same time.

If it's past 9 am, mine are all out in the back half of my yard or under the big tree in the middle of the yard. but if I open the door and say "Chook chook chook," the ones clear across the yard will start yelling and jump and fly over to where I am. My antisocial wynadottes will linger in the back to see if what I'm handing out is worth their time, and once a RIR landed smack dab on top of a wynadotte as she was coming in for a landing. The RIR kind of did a somersault and got up and came looking for treats, but the anti-social wynadotte clearly was offended and retreated to the coop muttering curses on everything she saw.

yes, i know what chickens running looks like and i agree it's amazing and hilarious all at the same time.

If it's past 9 am, mine are all out in the back half of my yard or under the big tree in the middle of the yard. but if I open the door and say "Chook chook chook," the ones clear across the yard will start yelling and jump and fly over to where I am. My antisocial wynadottes will linger in the back to see if what I'm handing out is worth their time, and once a RIR landed smack dab on top of a wynadotte as she was coming in for a landing. The RIR kind of did a somersault and got up and came looking for treats, but the anti-social wynadotte clearly was offended and retreated to the coop muttering curses on everything she saw.

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom