Honey

Quote:
Awwwwwww, sorry to hear that your bees died. That's sad.
hit.gif

Yes it sucks BUT that was one of the swarms I captured. The last time I was able to open that hive (oct) the queen flew so I kind of expected them to not make it. I captured 9 swarms last season and that was the last surviving one. But I do still have 2 hives left.

Quote:
Great BUT are you getting bees with it? Are you getting a mated queen? O hope you aren't goint to try STARTING bees this time of year ! !

No, the bees I will be getting from Betterbee, they are about 40 min from my home so I will be able to pick them up. In spring, guess I should order now.
hmm.png

I am so loving my local, raw, unprocessed honey. It is definitely a great sweetener and it doesn't take much to sweeten my tea.

For a nice treat try taking a little of that honey and stir in some cinnamon extract. Then add that to the tea!  :drool

:drool

Ooooooooooooooo, I am soooooo trying that. That sounds delicious! Thanks for the tip.

Honey as wound care- topically, spread on wound and then cover in dressing. I recommend ranch. Just kidding, a gauze dressing.

ETA: you can also preserve stuff in honey. Who was it that used to preserve their dead in honey?

We get our honey from a local beekeeper. Generally we get a gallon, sometimes we buy 2. It's $38 a gallon now, it's gone up some since we started buying it.

Works wonders on rashes. Had a rash on my leg that wouldn't go away. Applied honey for a few days and it was all gone.

I believe the Egyptians used honey as part of the mummification process.

Back
Top Bottom