Horse Baby-Vs-Now Pictures Thread

Oh! I wish I had pictures of Misty when she was a little filly! I have adult pics though!
Then:
?????????????????????????????

Now:
IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_6676.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

Misty is beautiful!!!
Thank you! We bought her from a horse trader, who brought her all the way back form Montana, in the back of a truck! He rushed her training, she was malnourished, and had possible ringworm. She always tried to cow kick and bite us at first, because I think she was scared, and nervous. She has come so far though! I do have a picture of her when we first got her, She was stuck in a tiny stall in the darkest corner of the barn all alone, and the trader said that she had been off hay for 3 days. No idea what else he was feeding her. While her best fiend was all the way across the barn, covered from head to toe in flies. I felt so bad for her, though without the trader, I never would have got to meet my Misty or even known here! It means I have no papers, or info on her past.

Still frames from a video about my Now Four Year Old's spunky yearling days. Her nickname is Diva for a reason, after all.
Screenshot_20210113-212336_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210113-212341_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210113-212321_YouTube.jpg

Versus now.. hard to see but she has the Sabino gene. She should have been a bay, both her parents were, but she got a double recesive for Chestnut Sabino. Fun differences between summer and winter coats, too. Shes under saddle now and a fantastic trail and endurance horse.
20201103_133459.jpg
20210101_165229.jpg

Hes beautiful! Hes a big man for a connemara, from what it seems!
Thanks, we love him. He's actually just a hair over 13.3 (and I'm short, lol) but the way he's built, everyone expects him to be bigger until they're right next to him.

He's a beautiful yearling! Very well proportioned, it looks like! I hope Crete looks so nice when he's a yearling. He won't be nearly as shiny with his dopey little gray donkey coat!
She has her moments - lol, and she's had some fugly ones, but I think she'll mature really well. I'm excited to see how she turns out, especially as I got her in trade and have no idea about her father!
Irony =her mother's name is Diva! Your Diva is a lovely girl.
And I think your little Crete will surprise you! Next summer, you'll have a fat, sleek, rosy-gray. Some chestnut-to-grays get almost pink, folks sigh and swoon and wish they'd stay that way.

Back
Top Bottom