Hot Flashes~~

magikchick

~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~
12 Years
Apr 21, 2007
SW Florida
I'm at that age, you know going thru the change.
tongue.gif
My moods can be a little
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
duc.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
barnie.gif
, to say the least. These ******* HOT FLASHES are driving me nuts. I have to keep a small fan by me at work to grab and cool off. They wake me up at night and I can't go back to sleep. I don't want to take pills for it because it's only natural that women go thru this.

Has anyone got any advise on how to live thru this stage of life.

Last edited:
Make sure you dont have direct contact with an automatic weapon!

( I had my last child at age 40 and had them till I was 50. They are no fun !!!!
Find a nice Doctor that will let you have hormones.

Last edited:
I was at the doctor the other day for my yearly check-up and read in some literature about a soy based lotion that help with hot flashes. I thought that was the coolest thing I've hear of in a long time! It is called Estrasorb. Here is a link to the site where you can read about it. http://www.estrasorb.com/

I'm
not quite at the age of menopause yet but am still starting to experience hot flashes every once in awhile. It is truly miserable! I wish you all the luck you need to find a solution!
smile.png

I sympathise - I have been having them for about 2 years now and hate the things. I find I have a period of a couple of months or so without but then get times when I have so many in a day and wake up soaking at night! I have tried some natural remedies but have not found anything works so just have to put up with them. Loose clothes and several layers you can take off are vital. Also understanding family members!! I find other symptoms more problematical but they are too intimate for a chicken forum!!
ep.gif

Good luck with it.

When mine got too bad to cope with I took Sage leaf, or Sage tea.

I don;t know if it really works or just distracts you but it helped.

They also say Black Cohosh is good.

I took nothing chemical and it soon passed. Thank God! Really it was not a great time, al I took was some good multi vitamins and took lots of cool baths.

You have my sympathy, but also they do say that women who are busy and working don't have the severity of symptoms as long as nothing medical goes wrong of course.

You will get there and then wonder what all the discomfort was about.

Good luck,

Jena.

I KNOW that there's a place being prepared in Heaven for a saintly husband like me who endured Anne's ever-changing demands of "...open a window ...shut the window... turn up the air conditioner... turn down the air conditioner... turn up the heat... turn down the heat... (ad nauseum)..." For her own good and my safety, I finally had to lock her in a room with a bathroom, heater and an air conditioner and didn't let her out for five years.

I sometimes will lay a beach towel on my side of the bed before I go to sleep then I can just throw it out of the bed when it gets too damp.

My doc said I was in peri-menopause. When I asked my sister what that meant she said, "It means you're going to get to enjoy menopause for a long time!"
roll.png

I don't have too many hot flashes yet, but I am going to look into that soy stuff!

Just know we're all in here with ya as have been thousands of women before us!

There is some great books out there that have tons of information. Changing your diet can help dramatically with menopause and hot flashes.

Back
Top Bottom