Hot Water problem

hooligan

Songster
12 Years
Aug 20, 2007
Arkansas
Ok so I go to make some tea and the water is fine but its not getting hot, so I check the hot water heater and its lit but still no hot water.
I let it run for over 10 mins and still no hot water, even thought the water pressure is normal.
Anyone have any idea on what it wrong?

Sounds like its broken... no hot water is no fun at all. Last time our electric one broke... it took a week to get a new one!!! UGH! We now have two in series so that there is never cold water unless the power goes out.

So the pilot light is on, but maybe the heater isn't working...or you have a teenager in your house that just took a long hot shower without telling you:>)

They have a thermal couple that you can replace. The thermal couple heats your water in the tank. Just like electric ones have heater elements and they also go bad and have to be replaced, does not mean the whole tank needs replacing.

Quote:
If I had a teenager showering in my house I would be a little freaked out (30 with no kids LoL)

The pilot and the little 'ring of fire' is going like normal just no hot water...

Back
Top Bottom