Houdans on East Coast?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by magsrags, Sep 24, 2009.

1. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    I wondered if anyone was currently selling Houdan eggs on the east coast? I would love to add this breed to my top hat flock.
    TIA,
    Maggie

2. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Quote:Maggie, try Lockedhearts. I currently have 6 that I hatched from her eggs.

BTW - those saddles have worked wonders for my girls!! ....and the boys love the camo patterns

Scott

3. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I have houdan eggs as well. PM me if interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. magsrags

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Yard full o' rocks :

Quote:Maggie, try Lockedhearts. I currently have 6 that I hatched from her eggs.

BTW - those saddles have worked wonders for my girls!! ....and the boys love the camo patterns

Scott

Hey Scott! thanks so much and glad they worked out for you. [​IMG]

5. magsrags

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Quote:Your birds are simply beautiful! Thanks for the prompt reply.

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

How is your Creve doing? [​IMG] I ended up with TWO roosters and one pullet from my last hatching...the last one hatched kept changing sexes, I swear. Now I'm 99% sure it's a roo (of course!) So I have to sell one....I have bantam white houdan and bantam mottled houdan--I'm still looking for a suitable roo though because although neither has laid an egg--neither has crowed yet, either! LOL So I think I have two hens!

7. magsrags

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Quote:Hi!
    Oh my 1 and only "Creve"(her name) is doing very well and she is a real beauty. She will be 4 mos. old on 9/30.
    Very friendly and follows me everyplace. She is a reall loner and wants to roost in my rose of Sharon tree every night rather than sleep with her buddies in the coop. I have to trim that tree down so I can keep on reaching her to place into the coop nights. She cracks me up! I just love her.
    [​IMG]

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

sorry to hi-jack--she looks gorgeous! They are really funny little chickens...and friendly, too! It's a wonder why they are not more popular?

9. magsrags

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Quote:I would have to agree! I wonder why they are not more popular myself.
    My Polish hen is so skittish next to her it isn't funny. and she is hand raised the same way.
    Creve just comes arunning whenever I call her name like a puppy. [​IMG]

10. exop

exop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Hi Maggie,

Where's your Creve "Creve" from? I've been trying to get an idea what hatcheries and breeders out there have Crevecoeurs and what they are like. She looks like a nice bird, is she standard or bantam?

Best - exop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by