Hova Bator genesis 1588 temp question

I bought mine used and it seems to run low. But when I go to adjust the temp (I have an older version) it shoots way up over 104 and it's only supposed to go up .5 to 1 degree. And I'm doing it just like the directions say. 8,4,3,2,1 turn them off and reset the 4. Pretty frustrating!

Very critical timing....day 20 when you had the bator full of almost pipped chicks and unplugged it to transport for 10 minutes. Even 2 minutes without the proper heat/humidity in the hatching environment would have thrown them off. And depending on the outside temp/humidity wold have changed the process for them drastically.
Even a slight chill at that time would cause them to die inside their shells. On day 18 through 21, 22, 23 they are in LOCKDOWN until they hatch, which means their bator temp/humidity is at perfection at all times. You do not open it, or change anything about it until you see fluffy little chicks.
Better luck next time.

Very helpful! Thank you

You described my experience to a T.

I was setting eggs for a primary school project. Had one pip(early) the day I planned move then to the classroom. We had poor success, about 50%. Thank God the kids (4 year olds) didn't know the difference. I will know better next time.

I'm having this same problem with my 1588 as well. I bought my incubator right when they changed the display over to the new digital one. My first couple of hatches were horrible until I realized that the temp was way too low. I also had issues with condensation buildup inside the digital control panel as well, I now believe that was due to the lower incubator temp

I now have mine set at 102.5-103 to get it at the proper 99 degrees, and that's with the thermometer set at regular large fowl egg height......I can't even hatch banty eggs because I can't increase the temp any higher, I believe the digital control maxes out at 103..

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post for people as a reference and perhaps anyone can update with their experience. I just tried my first hatch in the digital display havobator 1588. I did not purchase the turner yet. At the end of day 22 I decided to candle since I had no movement or pipping. My eggs were fully developed doing great at lockdown. I have found all dead in shell. So I suspected temp. Days 1-18 I was turning in egg carton thermometer was reading same as display. Humidity reading was 10% higher than on havobator display no big deal. But now I have been checking reading with thermometer on metal screen and sure enough 98 degrees. I did not have my thermometer in at lockdown when I laid eggs down since I had my watering tubes through slot. So what I have learned is temp is bang on for turner and at lockdown when you lay eggs flat you must up temp to 103 on display in order to get reading of 99.7. I really hope this does not need any further adjustment in future since it is maxed out at 103.

Back
Top Bottom