Hovabator or Little Giant?????????

I've only tried the LG, so I don't know if hova's are better, but I have no real complaints from mine...but I know most people here like hovabator better...makes me wonder what I am missing! Sorry, I'm not much help, I know. Good luck hatching!

If you haven't bought either yet, the Hovabator is well worth the extra few bucks.
smile.png

My father-in-law gave me an LG for Christmas, so I hope it's good! This will be my first time incubating. It appears to be a simple set-up. I'd be happy to report when I complete my first hatch!

Every LG I have ever had, I have had to babysit ( I have had several, but usually only used them as hatcher, because 21 days of babysitting was a pain), or I would end up with fried eggs. The Hovabator Genesis was the all time best bator I have ever had, and I have even had a Sportsman....

Last edited:
I agree about the Gensis 1588. I put mine in lockdown yesterday at 5pm and here it is 730 pm the next day(day 19) and I have 18 hatched out and 6 pippes. I have 47 eggs in the bator and at the rate this hatch is going it will clearly be the best hatch I ever had! I owned the LG and the hovabator both forced air and I sold both and bought the gensis. I plan on buying another real soon!

I'll tell the rest of the story now. I was hatching out geese for a friend and when I went into lockdown I started collecting eggs from our New Hampshire Reds for the next hatch. I only have one roo in with 13 hens so I thought well we shall see how good he is. As I gathered the eggs I placed them in the egg turner sitting on our dinning room table. 6 days latter I cleaned the bator and put the turner in the bator along with 7 additional eggs. (I figured after I candled I could fill in the empty holes in the turner with the extras) I candled at 10 days and guess what only 1 egg was infertile. That is one awesome ROO. I put the additional eggs on the turner between the rails and turned them now and then. Day 18 lockdown so I candled again and as I got to the 6th egg I felt a crack and thought oh no must have happened because of the extra eggs on the rails. I put it back in the carton in the bator and continued on with the candling and then I found another "cracked" egg? I turned the overhead light on and found I had 6 pipped eggs on day 18! My son and I quickly but gentlely put the eggs back in the carton filled the water tray and locked it down. that was yesterday. half have hatched even though I thought I had screwed up my hatch. The 1588 is turely a set it and forget it bator. The temp was dead on 99.6 and I only had to fill the water tray every 3 to 5 days.

Genesis 1588 are the best among Styrofoam incubator also if you can afford an egg turner , it will save you lot of trouble.

if you willing to spend the money

Brinsea incubators are the best

Back
Top Bottom