Hovabator or Little Giant?????????

Ive got told by plenty of people LG's a junk
And I have a 1602N hovabator And its AWESOME. I love it the only problem I have is mine did not come with the humidiy trays, so I "had" a hard time keeping humidity. But I found a circular container and now its perfect!

I got told Brinsea is the best but I dont have one

Good luck
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
x2

Just buy the Hovabator, it will save you alot of time and headache, not to mention heartache! I had an LG for a while, now I have three Hovabator 1588s.

I have a LG and a Hova 1588. The LG is very touchy but once you get it stable, its just fine. The 1588 is truly a breeze to deal with. I actually incubate in my Hova and hatch in my LG. Brinsea's are good for those who have them but I cant see spending twice the money on a bator and only get half the space of my Hova. If I ever buy another bator, I will get another 1588.

I would not be suprised to find out that the Brinsea and the 1588 have the same exact thermostat. I agree I would love to have a brinsea that hold 40 eggs but I can not afford 400 dollars. I am going to buy a spare bottom for the bator and try coating it with an epoxy I use to use when I flew RC planes. If it works it will make cleaning the bator real easy.

I am loving
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
my LG 9200
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
! Once I figured out how long it takes for the temp to get back to nbormal(roughly 3-5 minutes) everything was fine! I have 36 mixed breed chicken eggs in mine right now, and only 1 of them had the dreaded bacterial ring. The only reason my first hatching didn't go well was due to my own lack of experience, nothing wrong with the LG at all. I will caution that for best outcomne, you will want to do a "dry" hatch with the LG 9200... once it reaches day 18 fill the center ring and the two little channels beside it and then leave it through lockdown with only 1 red vent plug removed. Only remove the second vent plug once most of the chicks have hatched so you don't end up with shrink wrapped chicks.
wink.png

Quote:
I will say that if you have never tried different, you may not notice, it's if you upgrade and look back you notice what a pain it is, lol. But people use them all the time, just be sure you put it in a room that has a fairly steady temp, I had mine in my living room, and when the sun would set it would hit our LR window and warm up the room a little which would cause the LG to spike to like 108! I baby sat it for about a week before buying a Hovabator 1588, then I used the LG as a hatcher.

Back
Top Bottom