How Did You Discover BYC?

I googled sites for Poultry and came across BYC EZboard 5 years ago ...after lurking for awhile finally joined and have been there and over here ever since...

Last edited:
My neighbor got a hen for his rooster, and I didn't think it was a hen, so I was looking for a way to tell, and ended up here. Aweek later his hen crowed, LOL. And I fell in love with this site, and got some chicks.

I was googling chicken breeeds back in February and found the link to BYC on feathersite.com. At least I'm pretty sure it was there. Previously I'd tried a couple other forums but didn't fit in. I rather like it here, though.

smile.png

Well...it started because I have been bugging my husband for years that I wanted chickens but he never took me seriously. Then all of the sudden out of the blue he told me that we could go get some baby chicks! So I found this site while researching what all I need for them and it helped me greatly during the first few days and still now( a whole 2 weeks later! LOL!).
big_smile.png

DH's boss and a co-worker gave us two hens and a roo. I had just busted my ankle very bad and wasn't even able to go out and look at them. After several months I finally was able to venture out to their 'coop'(a cage thing that came with the hens) I/we knew nothing about them so I did a search for raising chickens and lo and behold BYC came up. I didn't even look any further! I was so impressed with the knowledge, open arms and comradierie that I knew I had found a home.

Monica

I had a few chicks and was looking for ideas for a small coop. We built it. The next year we built a bigger one to accommodate more chickens. I was inspired to hatch chicks, also. Now I have chicks and chickens all over the house and yard.

I found a thread to eggbid who had a link or reference to this site; it is what I was looking for being new to chickens and poultry; I have ordered my chickens and looking over coop plans now

Back
Top Bottom