how do you hatch your eggs from day 18 & on????

WVduckchick ours rocked for a while then stopped then rocked then stopped them bang there it was almost ready to come out!!!!!! Good luck!!!!! ours took 1 1/2 - 2 days after we stopped rotating to show us how cute it was!!!!!

Well that was part of my problem. I expected them out by Sunday or Monday, so I picked up some duck eggs that Saturday. When they weren't out by Wednesday, I was getting anxious for the duck eggs. Not the best way to learn, but I definitely won't do that again. Patience...

How do you hatch eggs naturally with momma sitting on them? It is day 22 and it should be anytime but no cracks in eggs like last time. We have done this before but it always seems like we are doing not enough or too much. We don't want to interfere but need to make sure all is well.

Advice?

Last year we candled and hatched 4 and I believe it was on day 21 exactly. Yes I am using a broody banty hen and she is great but going to be disappointed when we have to go to the feed store for her "babies" - by the way - how do hens take on fosters? I have read a little but will keep researching.

It is day 23 now and we candled again last night. We candled at the beginning and saw 5 of 6 were fertile. Two eggs are so dark that no light shows through. Should I try breaking them carefully?

Thank you. I will try to find the article you speak about opening up the egg without harming the possible live chick inside. Will let you know

I agree, momma would kick the eggs out or leave the nest if they weren't still viable. I'd give her some time, especially if your weather has been cold and/or dry.

I am sure it was the hen getting kicked out for longer than is good because they were all at the same stage. I just feel bad that she has the urge to sit another 21 days!

We will definitely be taking her for some special walks to relieve herself and feeding her specially prepared meals for her efforts :)

thank you very much.. I just wasnt sure if it was still "safe" to keep them "half tipped" like they are in the turner .....

Back
Top Bottom