how do you hatch your eggs from day 18 & on????

Sorry for the delay. Sorry to say, zero for five. Day 23 I candled and saw no movement. Chipped into the one I had the lowest hope for and it was soupy and dead. Then chipped into the next one, appeared dead, so I sliced the membrane and it was alive! But I ruined it. I put it back in the bator and it died a few hours later.
I took the final 3 out on day 24 after they all showed no movement and sunk the float test.

Here's the kicker... I did eggtopsies, and they were all at different stages. One I think died at about day 13, the others between 17-19, so I think I had the humidity too high in the final days. But none smelled bad at all!

I bought the bator from a guy with the eggs already in it on day 12. Bad move! I honestly think the eggs were old and he didn't tell me. I'm afraid the last 3 were alive when I took them out and I let them die waiting for eggtopsy. I really don't know, but I learned alot!
The most developed chick may have hatched if I had waited. I don't know. But I'll know better in the future. :(

oh no I am so sorry to hear this... It is always so heartbreaking. We have done it before though... we candled them at day 23 and there was nothing no movement or anything so we opened them up and they were alive
sad.png
and 2 of the 4 didn't make it.... we know now to leave them alone until at least day 25.... our first few hatches were horrible...... we tried "operation save a baby" and 90% of the eggs were soupy & nasty but never stunk. it is def a learning process.... this hatch was much much better.... We did 3 eggs as a trial run and out of the 3 we got 2 so we are def getting better at it..... I hope the next time you try to hatch u have much better luck & get some cute babies!!!!
jumpy.gif

yes patience is best for sure.. even though it is very hard.. I wish you the best for your next round!!!!
D.gif

our turkey is now 12 days old... and our chick is now 18 days old!!!

none of our chickens have ever been broody so we incubate them in one of our incubators... we keep the temp between 99.5 & 100..... the humidity between 35-40 for 18 days.... on day 18 we stop turning them and raise the humidity 65-70 and on days 21-23 they should hatch... ours hatched on exactly day 21!!! I hope this information helps you Cereal

you are using a broody chicken to hatch eggs??? if so I am not sure how it works but I am pretty sure it is around the same time for a chicken laying on them... have you candled any of the eggs???

We keep our babes inside until they have 90% of their feathers but once we introduce then to our older chickens they do very well.. In matter of fact 2 of our older hens have taken over the mommy role and keeps the rooster away from the younger ones.....as for trying to open an egg it is all up to u.. we have found that if they go past 25 days they have died inside the egg ( incubator ) but we are not 100% sure how long it will take in the cooler temps with a broody hen... most of the time if the egg is no good the chicken will discard the egg.....I've never had it happen but my hubby says if they are fertile & still alive they will hatch real soon... but again it is up to you if you try to open one up and see whats going on. I know there is an article ( step by step ) showing how to check (open ) the egg without possibly harming the baby ( if alive )... good luck let me know what happens.

oh wow.. I am so sorry they all didn't make it but I wish you the best on this new hatch!!!! I hope you get some babies!!! keep me posted!!!!!??????

Back
Top Bottom