How do you like cooking your eggs?

How do you like cooking your eggs?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Peppercorngal

Crowing
Feb 5, 2018
Feather Falls, CA
WOW THAT IS QUITE A VIEW!! As a flat-lander Floridian I am always so wowed by mountains! I live in suburbia and only leave my house every 10 days or so because I prefer the feathered & fured better. Used to be able to say the four-legged variety, but then ... well chickens came along. Thanks for sharing!
I'm glad you enjoyed the view. It's really a compromise between my husband and me. I like the flatlands, he likes the high mountains and snow. We compromised on low mountains (low like 1,200 feet) where it does NOT snow. I can't abide snow! I'm with you, the feathered and furred and nicer most of the time! You sound like a total homebody like me! :hugs

Peppercorngal

Crowing
Feb 5, 2018
Feather Falls, CA
I am similar Dad was from a Sharecropper family... He moved out before I was born. I too have it in my blood. But for livestock... never been much of a gardener...

Have had horses for more than fifty years. Chickens off and on for thirty five, Muscovy ducks, guinea fowl, Turkeys All for a short time... Goats were an addition several years ago. The little reprobates were as entertaining as the chickens. Couldnt keep them inclosed... OH I have stories...

I too have almost twenty acres... The guineas would fly from those rocks and land on the peak of the roof and fuss at me till I got breakfast down.

View attachment 1979774

Art studio on the back then the Greenhouse room.

deb
OH I lOVE the rocks! I'd love to have a greenhouse too! I'm sure your goats love the rocks as well, goats are sooooo cute. I need some to help keep the brush at bay! Nice homestead you have. I have mostly focused on the animals too, more than the garden. This summer we had a glut of cucumbers so I made dill pickled spears to sell. Wow! I was shocked at the popularity! People would buy one jar and come back the next day and buy two more! I've never made a pickle before in my life and was quite surprised they were so well liked. I sold out very quickly and now I'm thinking of what else I can make from my garden to sell next summer! Goes to show you, you just never know. . . . :lol:

dill pickle spears.jpg

perchie.girl

Desert Dweller
Premium member
Nov 29, 2010
San Diego county High Desert
OH I lOVE the rocks! I'd love to have a greenhouse too! I'm sure your goats love the rocks as well, goats are sooooo cute. I need some to help keep the brush at bay! Nice homestead you have. I have mostly focused on the animals too, more than the garden. This summer we had a glut of cucumbers so I made dill pickled spears to sell. Wow! I was shocked at the popularity! People would buy one jar and come back the next day and buy two more! I've never made a pickle before in my life and was quite surprised they were so well liked. I sold out very quickly and now I'm thinking of what else I can make from my garden to sell next summer! Goes to show you, you just never know. . . . :lol:

View attachment 1980553
when I move back home I am bringing with me a whole pantry of home canned food. I will depend on the animals to provide me fresh eggs and meat... Providing I can get past the whole processing thing.

Where The house is located its at the end of the power lines for that road. I cant trust refrigerator or freezer space to keep the food protected. So power goes out and I can still open a jar of what ever and heat it up on the potbelly.

I want to do all sorts of pickles and can them as well. Maybe I could sell them at the farmers market here in town.

goats can be pretty destructive so have good electric fence for containment.

deb

Sunshine_Chick

Songster
Feb 11, 2019
Northeast Florida
I'm glad you enjoyed the view. It's really a compromise between my husband and me. I like the flatlands, he likes the high mountains and snow. We compromised on low mountains (low like 1,200 feet) where it does NOT snow. I can't abide snow! I'm with you, the feathered and furred and nicer most of the time! You sound like a total homebody like me! :hugs
Still pretty high to me at 16' above sea level. Yes, I noticed the snow capped mountains - so beautiful! Home is where my heart & my animals are and I am happy to be left alone. Basically all I need is here. Had some veggies growing before the chickens, but they destroy most everything and I'm okay with that since their eggs are so yummy. I can buy veg, but I cannot buy eggs as tasty.

Sunshine_Chick

Songster
Feb 11, 2019
Northeast Florida

View attachment 1980553
Those pickles look delicious. Such a gorgeous part of the country. I watched the documentary "Fire In Paradise" on PBS and it was very scary & intense to me! I'll take Hurricanes since we get advance warnings. Don't know what you grow, but pickled tomatoes are tasty too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom