How do you like cooking your eggs?

How do you like cooking your eggs?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Peppercorngal

Crowing
Feb 5, 2018
Feather Falls, CA
when I move back home I am bringing with me a whole pantry of home canned food. I will depend on the animals to provide me fresh eggs and meat... Providing I can get past the whole processing thing.

Where The house is located its at the end of the power lines for that road. I cant trust refrigerator or freezer space to keep the food protected. So power goes out and I can still open a jar of what ever and heat it up on the potbelly.

I want to do all sorts of pickles and can them as well. Maybe I could sell them at the farmers market here in town.

goats can be pretty destructive so have good electric fence for containment.

deb
I have found that people love almost anything that is home raised without pesticides! They will go for jelly, pickles, eggs, almost anything that is pure and unspoiled. You can sell those pickles at the farmers market for sure!

FortCluck

Crossing the Road
Premium member
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
Those look sooo good right now :drool
This weekend I'm going to make breakfast quesadillas. Basically the same concept except I'm going to use breakfast sausage cut up in it.

I made a dip for the burrito and it was just sour cream with taco sauce. They took a knife and spread some on it before each bite. There wasn't a peep at the table except "mmmm" noises.

perchie.girl

Desert Dweller
Premium member
Nov 29, 2010
San Diego county High Desert
This weekend I'm going to make breakfast quesadillas. Basically the same concept except I'm going to use breakfast sausage cut up in it.

I made a dip for the burrito and it was just sour cream with taco sauce. They took a knife and spread some on it before each bite. There wasn't a peep at the table except "mmmm" noises.
My favorite bottled is Chalula.... Great on eggs and mixed in with sourcream it would be awesome

cluckmecoop7

Free Ranging
Jan 4, 2019
North East USA
I really love eggs from my backyard flock. They actually taste better then the eggs I buy at the store - of course! :D I really love chickens! They are adorable, useful, and even good company for when your working outside in the garden, etc. :) They are very good bug control if you free range. :)
Just say'n....

- Clucky

perchie.girl

Desert Dweller
Premium member
Nov 29, 2010
I really love eggs from my backyard flock. They actually taste better then the eggs I buy at the store - of course! :D I really love chickens! They are adorable, useful, and even good company for when your working outside in the garden, etc. :) They are very good bug control if you free range. :)
Just say'n....

- Clucky
Not only bug control.... Mousies are fair game, Lizards, and good at cleaning up leftover Carcasses... Like chicken, Turkey, even Game.

I raise Guineas for the free ranging part. They fly really well and set off alarm when they see something out of the ordinary which can range from Hawks to People on foot (live two miles from the Mexican border) to Pink bathrobes... :gig

But I have personally seen my five gang up on a Coyote screeching at it and rushing forward to pull tail hairs. He had the expression... "This aint right" every time he turned to look.

guinea eggs are good too. They have a shorter laying season. Here its February till about October. And maybe 55 to 100 per year. I suspect the lower number are in climates that are colder than mine. Mine is close to their native habitat.
deb

cluckmecoop7

Free Ranging
Jan 4, 2019
North East USA
Two days ago I had a cheesy egg + bread and butter! SO good! :drool To bad my chickens aren't laying right now. (Its winter AND they are molting.) I guess just eggs from the store for now. :tongue (Well, maybe not that bad... but I like my backyard chicken eggs WAY better! And there is a difference!)

perchie.girl

Desert Dweller
Premium member
Nov 29, 2010
Two days ago I had a cheesy egg + bread and butter! SO good! :drool To bad my chickens aren't laying right now. (Its winter AND they are molting.) I guess just eggs from the store for now. :tongue (Well, maybe not that bad... but I like my backyard chicken eggs WAY better! And there is a difference!)
This thread made me craving poached eggs on toast.... I cant cook right now Long story but went to Dennys and they made them for me.... They were awesome... I cant eat much but I ate one whole slice of toast two eggs and one breakfast sausage link. My stomach is only seven ounces. and if i eat too much i get sick. But I will be darned I kept it all down. But its all worth it for the taste and the weight loss. So far I have lost a little over 100 pounds.

This is one of the reasons I love cooking. I can taste and sample as I go and get in enough protien in the process. I have turned to Canning to facilitate my move to home. Where Eggs will be on the menue for certain... Mini Quiches, Mini Omelets, Hard boiled, deviled, and even some blended in orange juice. Cant Can Eggs... But you can water glass them to preserve them for winter.

This gal has probably eight or nine kids so they need eggsies.

Top Bottom