How do you like cooking your eggs?

How do you like cooking your eggs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
WOW THAT IS QUITE A VIEW!! As a flat-lander Floridian I am always so wowed by mountains! I live in suburbia and only leave my house every 10 days or so because I prefer the feathered & fured better. Used to be able to say the four-legged variety, but then ... well chickens came along. Thanks for sharing!
I'm glad you enjoyed the view. It's really a compromise between my husband and me. I like the flatlands, he likes the high mountains and snow. We compromised on low mountains (low like 1,200 feet) where it does NOT snow. I can't abide snow! I'm with you, the feathered and furred and nicer most of the time! You sound like a total homebody like me! :hugs

I am similar Dad was from a Sharecropper family... He moved out before I was born. I too have it in my blood. But for livestock... never been much of a gardener...

Have had horses for more than fifty years. Chickens off and on for thirty five, Muscovy ducks, guinea fowl, Turkeys All for a short time... Goats were an addition several years ago. The little reprobates were as entertaining as the chickens. Couldnt keep them inclosed... OH I have stories...

I too have almost twenty acres... The guineas would fly from those rocks and land on the peak of the roof and fuss at me till I got breakfast down.

View attachment 1979774

Art studio on the back then the Greenhouse room.

deb

OH I lOVE the rocks! I'd love to have a greenhouse too! I'm sure your goats love the rocks as well, goats are sooooo cute. I need some to help keep the brush at bay! Nice homestead you have. I have mostly focused on the animals too, more than the garden. This summer we had a glut of cucumbers so I made dill pickled spears to sell. Wow! I was shocked at the popularity! People would buy one jar and come back the next day and buy two more! I've never made a pickle before in my life and was quite surprised they were so well liked. I sold out very quickly and now I'm thinking of what else I can make from my garden to sell next summer! Goes to show you, you just never know. . . . :lol:

dill pickle spears.jpg

OH I lOVE the rocks! I'd love to have a greenhouse too! I'm sure your goats love the rocks as well, goats are sooooo cute. I need some to help keep the brush at bay! Nice homestead you have. I have mostly focused on the animals too, more than the garden. This summer we had a glut of cucumbers so I made dill pickled spears to sell. Wow! I was shocked at the popularity! People would buy one jar and come back the next day and buy two more! I've never made a pickle before in my life and was quite surprised they were so well liked. I sold out very quickly and now I'm thinking of what else I can make from my garden to sell next summer! Goes to show you, you just never know. . . . :lol:

View attachment 1980553
when I move back home I am bringing with me a whole pantry of home canned food. I will depend on the animals to provide me fresh eggs and meat... Providing I can get past the whole processing thing.

Where The house is located its at the end of the power lines for that road. I cant trust refrigerator or freezer space to keep the food protected. So power goes out and I can still open a jar of what ever and heat it up on the potbelly.

I want to do all sorts of pickles and can them as well. Maybe I could sell them at the farmers market here in town.

goats can be pretty destructive so have good electric fence for containment.

deb

I'm glad you enjoyed the view. It's really a compromise between my husband and me. I like the flatlands, he likes the high mountains and snow. We compromised on low mountains (low like 1,200 feet) where it does NOT snow. I can't abide snow! I'm with you, the feathered and furred and nicer most of the time! You sound like a total homebody like me! :hugs
Still pretty high to me at 16' above sea level. Yes, I noticed the snow capped mountains - so beautiful! Home is where my heart & my animals are and I am happy to be left alone. Basically all I need is here. Had some veggies growing before the chickens, but they destroy most everything and I'm okay with that since their eggs are so yummy. I can buy veg, but I cannot buy eggs as tasty.

View attachment 1980553
Those pickles look delicious. Such a gorgeous part of the country. I watched the documentary "Fire In Paradise" on PBS and it was very scary & intense to me! I'll take Hurricanes since we get advance warnings. Don't know what you grow, but pickled tomatoes are tasty too.

Back
Top Bottom