How good is this incubator?

picklestheduck

Obsessed with Animals🦆🐓🐥🐴🐱🐶
Premium Feather Member
Oct 16, 2021
Michigan
Hey everyone! So I won some hatching eggs in a contest, and I needed an incubator, so a friend of mine let me borrow hers, but I was just wondering how good of a quality it is? What experience have you had with them? Is there i anything I can do to improve the incubator etc? I’ve seen some good and some bad reviews on it… I don’t know what to do. It’s brand new and never been used. The eggs aren’t here yet, and I don’t even think have been shipped, so I’m trying to figure out what I need before. Thanks!

Side note: I’ve never hatched eggs before so I’m brand new to this! I’ve done lots of research, and I know I’m going to want/need a few aquarium thermometers and a hygrometer. The kit says it has an LED candler in it, but I haven’t even opened the box yet.

Attachments

• DFD143E4-156E-430D-9FF2-6B39D811A709.jpeg
    DFD143E4-156E-430D-9FF2-6B39D811A709.jpeg
    629.9 KB · Views: 21
What kind of plug in fan should I use? What kind do you use? The eggs are supposed to come on Monday, and it’s Thursday night now. When should I set up and test the incubator?

@BirdsBeesTrees
So I got the eggs today, so I’m scrambling to get this incubator ready. There’s no time for online orders or anything. They were supposed to not come for three days but I got a surprise! They are here! So my question is, how do I get the hygrometers calibrated? I have two of them. I’ve heard of dunking aquarium thermometers in a cup of half melted ice to get a 32 degree Fahrenheit reading, but wouldn’t that mess up the hygrometer? Or are they water proof? I also need a fan badly, where do I get one? Walmart? Hardware store?

I really needed to be more prepared, but I’m in the process of moving, and I’m moving my flock tonight, and the horses will be going tomorrow, and I need to move the whole household tomorrow too. 😵‍💫

Back
Top Bottom