How is your flock today?

and to be fair, I likely couldn't do your summers. lol we get some triple digit heat indexes but usually only a week worth and that is by far enough for me.
I know what you mean. The air-conditioner is running all summer long down here. I feel sorry for my flock, but try to the best that I can for them to keep them as comfortable as I can. My dad passed away a few year's ago, but he was born and raised up there in Wisconsin. I was born and raised in Minnesota.

We are starting to prep and gather items to make the winter bearable for the ladies :), that will start mid-October with putting up plastic on the run so it can stay as snow-free as possible.
I had really good results with shower curtains last year, and I think they're in good enough shape to reuse this year. They're pre-grommeted, and I attached them with zip ties.

Our prevailing wind is from the west, with a lot of north wind too. So I wrapped the west side, and went about 4 feet around the SW and NW corners. It worked really well. And was really cheap. :yesss:

I had really good results with shower curtains last year, and I think they're in good enough shape to reuse this year. They're pre-grommeted, and I attached them with zip ties.

Our prevailing wind is from the west, with a lot of north wind too. So I wrapped the west side, and went about 4 feet around the SW and NW corners. It worked really well. And was really cheap. :yesss:
thanks for the info, I am going to definitely try this.

@WIchickMama, here's some more info on that.

The wall of my run is about 4' high at the edge. I didn't cut the curtain off, just laid it on the ground and covered that part with some raked up leaves. I didn't want to cut holes in the shower curtain to ziptie the sides to the run fence, but I didn't want the wind to catch it and make it flap around and tear.

I had to weigh the curtain down right at where the fence and ground met, because the leaves were still light and fluffy, so I used smooth rocks. I have some bricks, but thought they might tear holes in the plastic.

Eventually, the snow held the curtains down at ground level. Good luck with this!

Bielefelder babies' that I hatched 2 day's ago from shipped egg's.

1116211325_HDR.jpg

1116211325a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom