How is your flock today?

what's for grub?
In that photo I have a mixture of chopped celery and carrots as a treat. Winter time when there is no green grass for them to forage I give them extra Kale and other healthy vegies for them to snack on.

Currently pumpkin season is over and they just love munching on the pumpkin halves I bake for them. Yes they are all spoiled and the goats also love the pumpkins. :)

Some people... just glad he gave them up instead of thinking he could keep them. I guess the string cutting into the ducks beak escaped his view and brain. 🤬🤬🤬
I think I would try to epoxy. It def will take love, time and ... wait for it.... patience ♡
It was my understanding that it wasn't string, but some sort of metal banding?

I could not read that thread about the duck abuse. I knew it would upset me too much.

My roo, Darl, is getting more and more aggressive with me. Today I went in for snack time as usual, and he pecked at my feet, and even came at my hand with his feet. This is the first time he's come at me feet first.

I am the only one who goes in there. I am the bringer of food and snack (their food, wetted into a mash -- they love it). WTH is his problem now?

He is over a year and a half old. He went through a "spell" when he was about 9 months old, and I thought he'd chill out by last spring when he was a year or so old. He goes through phases, it seems.

I'm afraid he's gonna have to go to freezer camp soon. Except that DH will NOT eat him. He told me he's happy to eat the unborn children (eggs), but will have not have any part of culling or eating the birds. And, yes, he has had fresh chicken and knows it's better than store bought.

I want a good boy in my flock. Not this butthead.

Sigh.
I know what you mean. No one need's a rooster that attacks them. I'm sorry that you are having trouble with yours!

In that photo I have a mixture of chopped celery and carrots as a treat. Winter time when there is no green grass for them to forage I give them extra Kale and other healthy vegies for them to snack on.

Currently pumpkin season is over and they just love munching on the pumpkin halves I bake for them. Yes they are all spoiled and the goats also love the pumpkins. :)
I hope that you saved some of those seed's to plant some more for them.

I hope that you saved some of those seed's to plant some more for them.
Funny that you say that, our neighbor down the road grows thousands of pumpkins each year for Halloween and he gives us all we want after his season is over and the hard frost ruins the ones left. :)

This next year I been looking at planting some hulless seed pumpkins called Naked Bear. I love making pumpkin seeds to snack on! :)

Back
Top Bottom