How long does it take to see curly feathers on sebbies?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by bel, Jul 15, 2010.

1. bel

bel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    East bay
    My 3 that are almost 2 months are really smooth, with long straight flight feathers. How long did it take yours to get curly feathers?
    Thanks,
    Bel
    Heres a video from today if you want to see what I mean.

2. Jenifer Kraus

Jenifer Kraus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    Quote:First of all , what a darling video. They love the camera the little hams. One of them has shoulder feathers and should be a smooth breasted but the other two seem very smooth. If they were going to be curly they would have had curly feathers come in after loosing their down. They look very happy and loved.

3. bel

Jan 15, 2010
    East bay
    Thanks [​IMG] They really wanted to eat the camera strap.
    Its surprizing 2 out of 3 noncurly, just my luck, I still love them though. Can smooth sebbies fly? they seem pretty heavy but the wings are huge so I don't know. They love running down our long driveway with their wings out flapping like they are ready for takeoff.

4. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Your Seb babies are delightful! What a cute video! I love the voices of baby geese- a watery whinnie!

5. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    i was just playing your video of the 2 month old geese and my 2 month old goose hapened to be sitting out side my window. she started honking just like them when she heard the others honking in that video and both the video and her sound exactly alike [​IMG]

6. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    My sebbie is 2 months old and is starting to get curly.

7. bel

Jan 15, 2010
    East bay
    Quote:Do you have a pic? I would love to see what they are supposed to look like.

I think I might have a little better luck with Loudmouth (the gander with the most white), I thought hes smooth but with his wings close I see a couple ruffly feathers.

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Mine didn't curly until close to 3 months old....... they looked like reg white geese for a time.... [​IMG]

9. Jenifer Kraus

Jenifer Kraus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    [​IMG]

This baby was about 6 weeks old when this was taken.

10. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Quote:Do you have a pic? I would love to see what they are supposed to look like.

I think I might have a little better luck with Loudmouth (the gander with the most white), I thought hes smooth but with his wings close I see a couple ruffly feathers.

[​IMG]

This was taken a couple of days ago. Leilani turned 2 months old yesterday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by