how long is the Cutler Supply Shipping time frame

I received mine on Wednesday. It should have been here on Monday but I mistyped my creditcard # and they had to call me on Monday. I was so excited that I transposed the two last #s. Ooops. Anyway, it's plugged in and running now testing the temperature. I need to go get a digital thermometer/hydrometer unit at RadioShack. That's on my list for today.

Oh, it was totaly worth it! I have had it up and running for close to a week now, and man oh man is it amazing! I even left for 4 days and came back, checked my Thermometer/hydrometer with high/low memory, and it never varied more than a degree, and the humidity was still up, YAY! My Babies are all developing wondefully on day 12. I LOVE THIS THING!
love.gif

wee.gif
bow.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
bow.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
bow.gif
ya.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
It's here! It's here!
wee.gif
wee.gif

Plugged in and holding temp and humidity

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
Now I gotta find me some eggs. Mille Fleur d'Uccle and WC chocolate or WC Khaki bantam polish
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Ok, I've been running and testing the 1588 today and also testing out my new radio shack thermometer/hygrometer. Without water, I got "Lo" as the humidity reading and 99 as the temp consistently. This is without the egg turner inside.
When I filled one tray section with water (measured it - took two cups to fill). Now my humidity reading is 52%. (Whoa). And temp has dropped, but that may just be working it's way back up from having the lid off for several minutes.
I'm still monitoring trying to figure out the right mix.
Tell me please: I know I am shooting for 99.5 degrees. What humidity % should I be shooting for? Also, will the motor on the egg turner add heat too? Also, where do I put that thermometer/hygrometer when the egg turner is in there? Can't seem to figure out where to put it. Much thanks in advance to all of you experts.

Quote:
I try to keep my humidity between 40 and 50%, Also the 1588 is dummie proof, if there is any extra heat from the motor it will fine, my wal mart thermometer/hydrometer says that my 1588 runs at 100.8, now that could mean my theremomter is a little off or my bator + turner run a little warm, but it's still fine, they are all doing great. I rested my thermometer in one of the cups (I included a picture of how it looked in my old LG), I found that easiest.

24137_img_3727.jpg

Quote:
Oh - don't be so sure about dummy-proof, if it can be mucked-up, I'll find a way to do it. (I wear the sheriff's badge for Murphy's law most of the time.)
I think I picked the wrong thermometer/hygrometer. Mine is about the same width, but about 7 inches long. Seems to work great, but it is large.

Ok, so mostly dummy proopf, LOL
lau.gif
. Yea, my thermometer is only about 3 inches long. It's the one people kept bringing up in all the threads, beacuse it was cheap, and worked well, I now have two, one for each bator. Good Luck!. Oh also, I have mine in my living room, and I keep the AC set to 68 degrees, I find that if the house is hot, it may climb a few tenths of a degree, but nothing like my LG, that will jump 3 or 4 degrees.

LOL, yea, it was in the 70's today! and in just a month or two it's probably going to average around 104, when I moved to Chico in April 08, it was pretty much 106 all summer, blugh! Luckly I work from home, and my boss pays my utilities, so I can run the AC all day if I want!
clap.gif
Good luck on your hatch!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom