How Many Animals Do You Keep That Are Considered Pets To You?

I have 16 chickens (1 Cockerel and 15 Pullets) and a Boston Terrier.
I also have a 1 year old and a 4 year old!!

The dog is a pet. I try not to view the chickens as pets in case I ever make soup from one (the cockerel is on thin ice):rant but they all have names and it’s hard to draw the line
Aw, I love the EE on your avatar!! So darling!

I have fish/shrimp, four chickens, two quail, a pigeon, a dog, and several cats. They’re all pets. I used to have a rooster-only flock, and whenever people would ask why I had them, I simply answered that all my chickens are pets, and that includes the roosters.

Wait a sec.... what did you say? You have shrimp? That’s so cool, where do you keep them?

Total animal count fluctuates between about 15 and 50. But only three, the dogs, are pets. The chickens and rabbits are food and breeding stock.

:eek:Woah!

I keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium. They’re a type of dwarf freshwater shrimp called red cherry shrimp. The biggest they get is an inch and they live about a year. They breed very quickly.

That’s so cool!

We have 2 dogs, & 3 cats.

86 birds, count includes turkeys and guineas.

I keep chickens as both pets, & food. 13 are gonna be butchered including the turkeys soon.

86! Wow, nice job!

2 horses - both unwanted rescues, 1 is a gelding that follows me like a puppy dog, the other is a spoiled rotten mare that is a daddy's girl. Rofl

1 dog - shepherd / aussie mix, getting up there in his years.

1 cat - part Maine coon, part tabby and always my bedtime snuggler.

9 cockerels of various ages (trying to find homes for a bunch of them, hubby said we can only keep 3) and 11 pullets of various ages.

1 pet rock - it sits on my kitchen window sill, my daughter made it in kindergarten as a mother's day present and it's been with me ever since.

They are all my babies and I love each one dearly. 😍

I have 16 chickens (1 Cockerel and 15 Pullets) and a Boston Terrier.
I also have a 1 year old and a 4 year old!!

The dog is a pet. I try not to view the chickens as pets in case I ever make soup from one (the cockerel is on thin ice):rant but they all have names and it’s hard to draw the line

It’s always hard to cull when they have a name:idunno All mine are named of course🙃

Back
Top Bottom