How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

8/10 + Scout (and 11 more little chickies!)

Quote:

lau.gif

I know....<sigh> You'd think there'd be a vaccine for this kind of "chicken pox".

But would anyone actually willingly be vaccinated? I can see maybe spouses being inclined to secretly slip the vaccine to their chicken-mad better half (because, let's face it, the one with a love of chickens is obviously the better half, lol) - but can't think of a single chicken person who would want to cure their addiction.

But would anyone actually willingly be vaccinated? I can see maybe spouses being inclined to secretly slip the vaccine to their chicken-mad better half (because, let's face it, the one with a love of chickens is obviously the better half, lol) - but can't think of a single chicken person who would want to cure their addiction.
Ah, too true, my friend. I told myself that it's sensible to always have a few younger birds in the egg laying lineup as the older ones age. Then when Scout became a him, it made even more sense to think that way since the odds of him getting into the nest and leaving me a nice blue egg are nil.
lau.gif
Speaking of Scout, I just did another update to his page with his "rebirth" announcement. Silly chicken!

I went from "only 4 to 6 chickens will do" to 56 chickens and counting!

I'm sure my husband would LOVE to give me a vaccine :)

Last edited:
I originally wanted 4-5, but found out they don't lay EVERY day, and had to buy a minimum of six at a time, and wanted several different varieties, and it's not much more expensive to build 6x10 coop than a 4x8 coop, and.........

Now I have 29 and still want some really dark egg layers (the Cuckoo Marans aren't dark enough) and some Easter eggers. Oh, and some production layers to satisfy the egg demand, and.......
roll.png

I will be processing 6 more roosters though, so that will help.

I went from "only 4 to 6 chickens will do" to 56 chickens and counting!

I'm sure my husband would LOVE to give me a vaccine
smile.png
Yes..I agree, my whole family would like to vaccinate me as well. We went from 11, to 50, down to 32, and finally, i got it down to 21 chickens...........................................................but, I have 35 eggs in my incubator as I type this......(hangs head in shame)
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom