How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

And how many coops do you have? :eek:
JUST 4, but 1 is really small, like 10 feet long by 4 feet wide and is about 5 feet tall, it only houses 2 chickens ( 1 hen & 1 rooster). I hope to be moving them soon to a larger coop with more hens.
I am also working on rehabing a small tractor type coop (that will be # 5) that a friend just dropped off. It was left when her renters moved out. It is 6 feet long by 4 feet wide and only about 4 feet tall at the coop part. The rest is only about 2.5 or 3 feet tall. It was covered with chicken wire, so I've pulled all of that off. Now I am working on sanding it, painting it & then putting 1/4 wire mesh on it. I have 15 eggs due to hatch on Thursday, so I want to move the 4 meat chicks out to it and make room for the new chicks.

Another egg off my girls today. Unsure which one layed it today as I checked this morning and no eggs were there and then just checked before picking my children up from school and there was one in the coop.

Monday

11 eggs

4 eggs from the control group
clap.gif

7 eggs from the free range chickens
celebrate.gif

Temp 68F degrees very windy and cold I do believe it snowed in the mountains
th.gif

one Russian Orloff chick is zipping it's egg in the incubator at the moment
jumpy.gif
Right in the beginning of lock down for 8 other eggs in there
wee.gif

Sorry I have absent but I've been busy but got a lot of thing going on right now
duc.gif

She was upset as I for got the feed for her
wink.png

The VA Hospital is chirping this spring but goslings only no ducklings
fl.gif

Some of our friends from up north came down to visit
lol.png

The goslings are in all sizes
ya.gif

And they are not ashamed to beg for food
yesss.gif

I hope you all enjoy your week
smile.png

gander007
old.gif

Another egg off my girls today. Unsure which one layed it today as I checked this morning and no eggs were there and then just checked before picking my children up from school and there was one in the coop.

You will find out in time who is producing the eggs .....
D.gif

I usually know which one is doing it cause I normally have an egg waiting for me from my girl who likes to stalk me lol but she wasn't in the nest box today like she normally us lol... Time will tell I guess .... Thanks for the quote

Only 3 of 6 today 4 yesterday. I'm sort of down a layer right now. We had to break our first broody over the weekend. Fortunately thanks to all of you and BYC in general I caught it early (waited till the 2nd day to confirm, penned her on the 3rd) and only took 1 night to break her. She's only on her 2nd or 3rd day of not laying but she's one of my heavy layers so she can have her break for now.

Gosh was she mean though. I mean I can only gather eggs from under one of the hens anyways but I actually had to get out the leather gloves to keep her from drawing blood. Also one of the times we moved her off the nest to get eggs, I asked my husband to do it and even with gloves he was afraid to touch her. So I had to do it that time for him to see after that he seemed ok with moving her.

Back
Top Bottom