How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

33 Eggs Today. Yesterday came home early, the chicken run’s door was wide open and all the chickens were outside spooked. Got them herd in except the White Crested Black Polish, she flew somewhere and nowhere to be found, thinking she might come back early morning but nope. I came home for lunch just in case, there she, was waiting to get in the door of the chicken coop alive and well.:wee

I only got 6 eggs this evening. 1 of my grey chickens is missing. Something tried to get them last night but wasn't successful. All it (probably a raccoon) managed to get was a few feathers. I don't know if something came back today or this evening or if it got spooked by the high winds we are having. I didn't see any signs of fowl play other than the missing fowl.
Today's my 57th birthday!! I went to dinner with my Mom, husband, daughter & her boyfriend.

Happy Birthday Girl birthday-cake-candle.gif eating-cake.gif

I only got 6 eggs this evening. 1 of my grey chickens is missing. Something tried to get them last night but wasn't successful. All it (probably a raccoon) managed to get was a few feathers. I don't know if something came back today or this evening or if it got spooked by the high winds we are having. I didn't see any signs of fowl play other than the missing fowl.
Today's my 57th birthday!! I went to dinner with my Mom, husband, daughter & her boyfriend.

Happy Birthday Karen:thumbsup

Happy Birthday.

I am really hoping she was spooked and comes home this morning safe.
I also hope the feather grabbing critter moves on.

1 of my grey chickens is missing.
Oh no Karen! I hope they manage OK while you are away.
Happy birthday! I hope you had a lovely meal.

Any new clues on the camera Penny?

10 today :D not bad (especially with my lovely best layer gone)

With my freeloaders I know it is not human caused.......I have had locks on my coops and runs for a very long time now.
So weird - if I remember right you have some that haven't started laying at all???

Oh no Karen! I hope they manage OK while you are away.

Happy birthday! I hope you had a lovely meal.

Any new clues on the camera Penny?

10 today :D not bad (especially with my lovely best layer gone)

So weird - if I remember right you have some that haven't started laying at all???

Mine should all be laying. My youngest will be 2 as of March 20(ish).

That group is just super broody and much truer to the old farm type chickens than production birds.
:hmm I have to be patient. They surely will lay some soon......maybe.

Back
Top Bottom