How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

3 yesterday. Got my first pullet eggs from my 17 week old RIR. It was tiny (only 33 grams) but she laid it on the floor on the hen house next to the broody hens. I think she was as surprised as I was to see her in the house with a little egg.

Only one tan one and my red hen laid a miss-egg cause she grabbed the "skin" off it and took off. I will probably have more later. Been having about 5 a day.

All told: 6. 2 duck eggs, 2 blue eggs and 2 brown/tan eggs. So if my little red hen ate her egg today, why haven't I been getting 7 eggs now and then?

Last edited:
WooHoo -- 5/15!!! Can't wait for this weekends stakeout to see who all is taking part in the egg making -- silly job making me miss all the good stuff M-F.

WooHoo -- 5/15!!!  Can't wait for this weekends stakeout to see who all is taking part in the egg making -- silly job making me miss all the good stuff M-F.

Yeah - except in my case it's a silly trip! I'll have no idea about the egg count until I get home on Saturday. My daughter is feeding and watering the girls, but she won't know one hen from another when she gathers the eggs, IF she even finds them all.

Back
Top Bottom