How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

7/9 again.  I think my Americauca pullet is having a problem.  She hasn't laid an egg yet - 23 weeks old yesterday.  All the other pullets are laying.  She just hangs around in one of the nest boxes and doesn't really join the other nine girls.  I can feel something hard inside her - I think.  Could she be having trouble passing an egg?  What can I do for her?
you can give her a warm bath up to her neck and use a rubber glove and lubricant to insert the tip of your finger to see if you feel the egg. She'll probably poop on you. Do this AFTER you have let her soak in the 90 degree water for 10-15 minutes.

After you're all done there, blow dry her on warm being sure not to burn the chicken.
Hopefully that will help her. If you have Epsom salt, that would help a lot if she's having inflammation, which she probably is.

8 Chicken egg's to day
celebrate.gif

And it was 115 on the front porch by noon so they did a bang up job
ep.gif

Oh one hen is broody
bun.gif

I don't know why I look for eggs so much now, heat really messing with the laying. 1/4,1/4,2/4. Faces on pullets are starting to turn red on glw, ss, and ee.

Daughter said we got 5/19 on Tuesday and 8/19 on Wednesday. Supposed to back from our trip on Saturday but our first day here hubby ended up in the ER then in surgery so we may delayed. She hopes not - she doesn't like the chicken chores much. But despite that, she does a great job.

Daughter said we got 5/19 on Tuesday and 8/19 on Wednesday. Supposed to back from our trip on Saturday but our first day here hubby ended up in the ER then in surgery so we may delayed. She hopes not - she doesn't like the chicken chores much. But despite that, she does a great job.

Oh, my, I am so sorry to hear about your husband - is he recovering okay post-op?

Back
Top Bottom