How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

So far not sure how many but I did find something intersting when I got home today...

Not sure what kind, gender or even if he's a pet or wild... I got about 4 feet away and he bolted.. Did not fly.. Looks like clipped wings... Idk...
pop.gif

I'll set back and watch but I may have a duck....

Cool! He's a Muscovy and looks like a drake (male) to me. If he has clipped wings than he's probably domesticated, and escaped.

36 eggs today!

6 so far but 2 more hens were in nest boxes, so maybe I'll get a couple more.
Well, I did get 2 more! That makes 8 today. That means half of my layers laid today.

Last edited:
12/24 today, very cold night & day today. I sure am ready for spring even though we've had a very mild winter this year. Just seems the older I get the longer they feel. Took a spill on the ice while doing chores today and tweaked my knee a little bit, but my back a lot. It's been a afternoon & evening of couch time.

3 from 6 today. Temps were negative this morning but got up to 16. Looks like they all stayed in today though, even though I scooped the snow away for them.

I got 5 eggs out of 7 hens and today was my little bantams day off. My sister starting cooking Paleo and I cannot keep up with eggs production:)

Back
Top Bottom