How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

9 yesterday. I think they were miffed improved out the favorite box. They kept breaking eggs. And today 13. They layed in the spot on the floor where the box was. But no broken eggs yay!!!

David, is there a disturbance in the "force"? 4/14 is that normal? My first year w/ chicken, doesn't know what to expect eggs production wise.

I am not really sure sparten, as some of the hens are starting to molt. other than trying to integrate the new additions to the flock with out the young one's being pecked till they bleed. I am hoping that the laying hens are not feeling like their in danger by being out numbered an on the defensive side ? no change in the feeding material or watering system so l am at a loss for figuring ? the weather has been stable an no critter's to bother them so I guess time will tell.

Girls have only been laying for a few weeks (nov 15 hatch). out of 6 we were only getting 1-2 eggs/day and very small. Yesterday DW found their hiding place and we had 22 eggs - 1 actually in nesting box for the first time. All sank very nicely so figure they can't be more than a few days old. They were also starting to get much larger with a couple that would probably pass as jumbos.

Back
Top Bottom