How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Only 3 so far today. Ghost hasn't laid. It was a stressful morning for my chickens. First the neighbor's dogs dug under the fence to my yard (YES, I am ticked) and then went to try to dig to get to the chickens, Oreo (my cockerel) alerted me. THEN a little later the neighbor's cat attempted to get to my chickens, Oreo alerted me again. THAT one was worse though, all of them were flying through the run freaking out, and one of them got caught in a wire that they knocked loose. Poor things have had quite a day :(

4/15 this morning before I let them out to free range thinking I know where one more got layed but there was also a dip in temperature today. So I'll blame that. Hoping tomorrow is a better day :)

7 chicken eggs today
smile.png

4 eggs from the control group
celebrate.gif

3 eggs from the free range chickens
ep.gif

Temp 98 F degrees
droolin.gif

I have been asked several times about the chickens I have so here we go ,,,, Russian Orloff , Easter Egger , Molted Houdan , Black Copper Marans , African Geese , Guinea And a couple of Chinese Ducks ........

Chinese Ducks? Never heard of them.

15/39 they are molting , anyone know how long molting period is ?

This is what I found:

Early molters drop only a few feathers at a time and may take as long as 4 to 6 months to complete the molt. Early molters are usually poor producers in a flock. Late molting hens will produce longer before molting and will shed the feathers quicker (2 to 3 months).

Only 3 so far today. Ghost hasn't laid. It was a stressful morning for my chickens. First the neighbor's dogs dug under the fence to my yard (YES, I am ticked) and then went to try to dig to get to the chickens, Oreo (my cockerel) alerted me. THEN a little later the neighbor's cat attempted to get to my chickens, Oreo alerted me again. THAT one was worse though, all of them were flying through the run freaking out, and one of them got caught in a wire that they knocked loose. Poor things have had quite a day :(
hugs.gif
I'm sorry! Hope it's better tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom