How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I'm so sorry. Hugs hugs

Thanks
1f615.png
1f641.png
2639.png

14 eggs today (Saturday). Went to a friend's house for dinner for dinner & multiple rounds of Catch Phrase. Came home to find that something had attacked one of the coops, no one was killed this time but the 3 hens were out of the coop but in the enclosed run. 1 of them lost some feathers & all 3 were wet. We had a pretty bad storm this evening. The eggs I hadn't collected yet were eaten. I tried to get the 3 girls to coop up before we left for the evening, but it was way too early & they weren't having it. Sunday I am going to replace the fencing wire where I think the attackers must be getting through.
Have caught a coon an a possum in the last 8 days. So this was a relative or possibly something else. I am happy but also very surprised that the hens escaped fatal harm.

14 eggs today (Saturday). Went to a friend's house for dinner for dinner & multiple rounds of Catch Phrase. Came home to find that something had attacked one of the coops, no one was killed this time but the 3 hens were out of the coop but in the enclosed run. 1 of them lost some feathers & all 3 were wet. We had a pretty bad storm this evening. The eggs I hadn't collected yet were eaten. I tried to get the 3 girls to coop up before we left for the evening, but it was way too early & they weren't having it. Sunday I am going to replace the fencing wire where I think the attackers must be getting through.
Have caught a coon an a possum in the last 8 days. So this was a relative or possibly something else. I am happy but also very surprised that the hens escaped fatal harm.

Always good to read that the chickens were not harmed ...

This is why I am putting so much work into the new coop I building for my poultry ...

Good luck stay safe ..

14 eggs today (Saturday).  Went to a friend's house for dinner for dinner & multiple rounds of Catch Phrase.  Came home to find that something had attacked one of the coops, no one was killed this time but the 3 hens were out of the coop but in the enclosed run.  1 of them lost some feathers & all 3 were wet.  We had a pretty bad storm this evening.  The eggs I hadn't collected yet were eaten. I tried to get the 3 girls to coop up before we left for the evening, but it was way too early & they weren't having it.  Sunday I am going to replace the fencing wire where I think the attackers must be getting through.
Have caught a coon an a possum in the last 8 days.  So this was a relative or possibly something else.  I am happy but also very surprised that the hens escaped fatal harm.

Dang! Glad they got away from whatever it was!Hope you catch it soon.

Back
Top Bottom