How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

And I thought I was crazy giving raw egg on my dogs... I have a little girl Roxanne she chi-weiner and pomeranian, or as we call her a chi-weiner-ranian. She usually gets some of the left over breakfast scrambles. Then my big girl Daisy May, she's plott hound and blood hound, she usually gets the weak shelled eggs raw or any of the cracked that make it out of the coop, and leftover scrambled eggs as well. In some way . Daisy is like a lab she doesn't have a good stop eating signal and will eat herself sick if she gets the chance.

My ex had ducks and saved the duck eggs for the dogs gave them 1 raw on to of every meal. They weren't raising ducks person just had some that lived on the pond.

My dog loves it when I share the eggs with her. Plus it is suppose to be good for dogs coats too!
:) that's what we do, especially for the 3 yr old female who doesn't always eat her dog food-an egg is a great addition and a push for her to eat-I won't give the chickens eggs ever, but especially not raw.

3/3

All three of my pullets; BSL, Sussex, and Java are eggcelent egg layers so far.

Last edited:
5/6 today, but the crazy thing is that 3 off then came from one hen!! I know they are hers because she's the only one who lays the light greenish blue eggs! I've never seen that before! Is that normal?

5/6 today, but the crazy thing is that 3 off then came from one hen!! I know they are hers because she's the only one who lays the light greenish blue eggs! I've never seen that before! Is that normal?
Depends on the breed there are a few breeds that lay colored eggs yes..
I get blue, green and brown eggs daily from the mix I have of
Easter Eggers, Black Sex-Sink, Barred Rock and 1 olive Egger pullet

I should mention, all 3 eggs she laid today are all fully formed hard shells (since most of the other posts I've read about this seem to involve some of them being soft shelled).. However, she didnt lay any yesterday and she typically lays one every day.

Back
Top Bottom