How Much Chickens/Feed...

I've got 6 full sized chickens and 4 banties, plus 2 pheasants. I give them layer pellets and a 5 grain treat mixture. They have free access to the pellets and I give them a small bucket of treat a day. They also get table scraps. Id say I go through about 100# a month. There are currently 5 laying almost every day and they are pretty plump birds. They don't seem to be lacking anything in food.

I've got 6 full sized chickens and 4 banties, plus 2 pheasants. I give them layer pellets and a 5 grain treat mixture. They have free access to the pellets and I give them a small bucket of treat a day. They also get table scraps. Id say I go through about 100# a month. There are currently 5 laying almost every day and they are pretty plump birds. They don't seem to be lacking anything in food.

Quote:
th.gif
Wow. When I had 8 all Spring/Summer/Fall, they only went through 50# a month. I guess free-ranging all day really does make a difference in how much commercial feed they eat!

Raising chicken is a hobby. It cost too much so I try not to pay attention. A 50lb bag feed cost $20-$25 around here.

Back
Top Bottom