How Much Do You Love Your Duck?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckLover2399

Avian American
8 Years
Jun 7, 2011
Oklahoma
Well since I love my ducks and I do crazy things for and with them. (Like right now friday my black duckling is sleeping on the comp. desk as i type lol) I was wondering what crazy things you do with your duck!

Bonding with an animal is a wonderful thing. Apart form the general things like hand feeding treats...watching them swim, having the on my lap if I am watching tv- or reading a book... I used to take Monty the Aylasebury drake out when I went gold detecting. I had to watch him carefully so he didnt fall down a hole
big_smile.png
But becuase of the slow wander it was great to have some company out with me. He loved wandering along some of the dry creek beds - finding some ocassional ponds to swim in.

I also have some disabled ducks that need special care, they get their own special care each day what ever their needs be. I also love to prepare them for a show. They get brought into the laundry and washed in the tub. I have to srub their legs and feet. One girl in particular loves this time.
lau.gif
I have to try to remove the dry skin scales off. She falls asleep on my lap as I play with her feet.

I even love cleaning out the night pens - as horrible as the job is- it means that when the fresh shavings and hay are laid down each week- I can sit outside with them that evening when they are locked up for the night and not have to worry about where I sit.
gig.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom