How much feed to Red Sex Link hens eat?

JarvisChickens

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2018
I recently ordered 50 red sex link hens. I'm trying to find out how much money I will be spending a week on feed for them. I plan on free-feeding them with rolling acres layer feed, they will have a 16x8 coop and a 24x8 run with dirt and wood chips. If someone knows how much feed one hen will consume in a day, please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

I recently ordered 50 red sex link hens. I'm trying to find out how much money I will be spending a week on feed for them. I plan on free-feeding them with rolling acres layer feed, they will have a 16x8 coop and a 24x8 run with dirt and wood chips. If someone knows how much feed one hen will consume in a day, please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

50 lbs lasted my 6 birds 6 weeks. That’s 1.4 lbs per week per chicken which is what the internet says (1.5 lbs).

Of course that’s not until they are laying age. They will each much less at first. But you’ll likely go through 3 50 lbs bags every 2 weeks.

50 lbs lasted my 6 birds 6 weeks. That’s 1.4 lbs per week per chicken which is what the internet says (1.5 lbs).

Of course that’s not until they are laying age. They will each much less at first. But you’ll likely go through 3 50 lbs bags every 2 weeks.

Thanks! Does anyone else have a different experience?

I have 19 hens and I think I am using about 100 lbs to 125 lbs of feed per month( just last month I decided to keep a record of how much they eat) Mine are not free range but they do have free access to feed. I moisten some of the food twice a day and add a little scratch to it, the rest is dry pellets in the hanging feeders

I think that’s what you are going to be looking at is around 1/4 of a pound of feed per chicken per day. It could be a little more and that’s for adult birds. Mine are right in there as well I’m feeding about a half bag per day to 75 chickens. I have red sexlinks, Marans, cream Legbar, blue icebar, and Malines. So you are going to use a bag about every 3 days maybe 3 1/2 days.

Thanks in advance.
Fiddy hens? FIDDY?!! Iz u krAzy?!!!!

I don't know but, I've got only like 10 chickens and the misfits are intent on emptying my pockets!! I've resorted to scavenging worms and bugs just to feed their endless pit of stomachs! Lawd, oh why do you torture me so!!!

Back
Top Bottom