How much longer? ** Pictures**

Okay So I very gently peeled the egg away , and used a warm wash cloth to keep wetting the membrane... The ducks foot is basically wrapped about its neck, but I peeled the shell away enough so that it should beable to get out with out a problem.

Good luck...
thumbsup.gif

Here is what I do, I have a heating pad with a dish of warm water, tweezers and q-tips. I moisten the membrane with a wet q-tip and use the tweezers to peel away the shell.
Pictureb089.jpg

I dont think I needed the heating pad my room is like 90 degrees right now, cause its hot out, And I have a temporary brooder in my room... with that heat lamp that makes it even hotter!

He is out now, and moving a little bit, peeping alot
smile.png

But the leg that looked like it was wrapped around his neck is really crooked looking? Im hoping its just my eyes, but Im not sure.

87164_sam_0127.jpg

87164_sam_0128.jpg

Its the leg on top of the bird, that you can see...

and he is currently stuck on his back... I hope he can get up. I think his neck is messed up too, or he is just to weak and cant pick up his head?

I have had to help a couple of my call babies out. I only took the large end of the egg off where the air sack is and then put them back in to get out the rest of the way. One of them I did have to help out all the way. After putting him back in I waited about an hour but he was not making any progress so I helped him out all the way. Both a happy little duckies. Just go slow and it will be ok. If you see bright red blood stop and them back in for awhile and try again.

Try to get it onto its stomach to rest. Shouldn't be left on its back.
Give it time to dry and recover before making any call on its leg. May just be from being cramped up inside.
Your doing great.

Back
Top Bottom