How old was your rooster...

A55E1039-32A2-49CF-B598-482E88DCD1D6.jpeg
This is our roo a few weeks ago. He’s 18 weeks now, and still not even the slightest sound from him!

My oldest to crow was around 17-20 weeks I can’t remember. I thought he would be the first one to start laying an egg . I bought 17 EE pullets and one showed being a rooster by two weeks old and started crowing by four weeks. Whelp my second rooster didn’t get his combs and wattles till after all the girls laid. I found out by posting on here it was a late bloomer rooster by posting on here about when the last of my girls would start laying. Separated him from the other rooster after he bloomed because of fighting.

My speckled Sussex cockeral crowed for the first time yesterday and he's about 3 1/2 months it was hilarious...he got his whole body into it and sounded like a goose! Bless his heart lol

I have an iffy SS. It is 4 months old today, same age as my Welsummer cockerel... I am still waiting on the crow. This is partially why I asked how old y'all's roos were when they started lol... Some say it is a hen some say a roo... I am just sitting back waiting for it to tell me lol

I love reading y'all's rooster stories! So many people don't/can't have roosters so it is so nice to hear about them! :love
Sometimes roosters are a blessing sometimes a curse. I have a Turken rooster and he has a deep crow that he doesn’t finish and I used to have a bantee game roo who skipped the middle part of the crow and would pause then finish it.

Ringo hatched April 1. He began practicing his song at exactly 8 weeks. 7:30 on a Sunday morning. We thought someone was stuck in a fence or in trouble, but nope, just the cockerel declaring himself. For a while he stuck with the 7:30 thing, now he begins at 5:30 a.m. and continues through the day... fun stuff <G>.

Back
Top Bottom