How rude can people be?

I can understand them being frustrated about the barking dog. I can't stand listening to neighbors dogs go on and on barking, and they tend to automatically go on my dislike list....There's hardly anything more annoying than laying in bed when you have to get up early for work and hearing BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK.........but yeah that being said, I think you would probably be ok with your chickens as long as you don't have a rooster. They seem to be much, much more quieter than a dog. Would they even notice if you had a couple of chickens? Like, are they able to see into your yard?

Talked to their daughter, and they don't mind us having chickens after all! Turns out that the wife used to love chickens.
wee.gif

I don't think you should need permission from your neighbors to get chickens. I'm pretty shure most people don't care as long as you don't have a noisy rooster. Where I live no one cares because many people have chickens but If your worried your neighbors will try to hurt your chickens you can get a motion detector light to tell you when some ones out there but a better idea would be a hidden camera. If your neighbors hurt one of your chickens they could be arrested or maybe even sued but If you don't want that to happen you can offer some cookies or some eggs your chickens layed. :)

It is unlikely that they would try to hurt your chickens maybe they would not mind!

Maybe you can schedule time to get to know your neighbours, like invite them over for tea, or maybe a barbeque (then you could invite some other friends too), watch a movie... see if they want to come along with you to special events or even just for a walk in the park?
The daughter will have fun playing in a park while you guys maybe sit down, have a picnic, and chat.
Since they seemed pretty bummed about the goodies they couldn't try maybe you could set aside a little basket of gifts for your neighbours next time?
Just throwing around ideas ...

Back
Top Bottom