How to make my chicken stop laying egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP - in the interest of your apparent outlook on life, perhaps you would be better suited to take on an older hen who has stopped laying and is likely to find her way into the stew pot now that she is no longer contributing - you can provide a happy home in which she can live out her years and you won't have to worry about the pesky egg-laying issue. You could re-home your productive hen(s) to someone else, perhaps even trading for the past-her-prime hen(s)

OP - in the interest of your apparent outlook on life, perhaps you would be better suited to take on an older hen who has stopped laying and is likely to find her way into the stew pot now that she is no longer contributing - you can provide a happy home in which she can live out her years and you won't have to worry about the pesky egg-laying issue. You could re-home your productive hen(s) to someone else, perhaps even trading for the past-her-prime hen(s)

I really want to keep my chickens and my future chickens as my pet. I would cry and feel guilty if I wouldn't do anything to stop her from getting eaten for human food. I know a lot of people eat their own chickens for food. So there is no way I will give it to someone who might eat them in the future. If I have an old hen, I will let her die naturally. Even though it would cost me more money, at least she would be happy, since no chickens wants to be in a stewing pot. =P

Veganism isn't for everybody, some people's bodies cope with it better than others. But remember, by existing, you are harming so many other species, much more than you will ever eat in your lifetime. Don't feel bad about eating your hen's eggs, as long as she's a happy hen! If you tried to remove her reproductive system so you wouldn't have to deal with her eggs, that would be doing so in your interest instead of hers. Any process to stop her egglaying would be extremely painful for her and detrimental to her health, and I'm sure that if you were able to speak chicken and you asked your hen if she wanted to stop laying eggs, she would say no.

I consider them as my pet. If there is no way to make her stop laying eggs, that isn't detrimental to her health, then maybe I just have to seperate her from my rooster, or put her in a dark room, so that she receives less sunlight during daytime. I agree that it is unavoidable to harm some species of life, since humans don't have the technology to do it, and the desire to refrain from doing it.

I consider them as my pet. If there is no way to make her stop laying eggs, that isn't detrimental to her health, then maybe I just have to seperate her from my rooster, or put her in a dark room, so that she receives less sunlight during daytime. I agree that it is unavoidable to harm some species of life, since humans don't have the technology to do it, and the desire to refrain from doing it.

Oh yes, lets isolate the hen and keep her in darkness so she wont do what comes naturally to her so a human can feel better..

That is abuse

celebrate.gif

Quote: Your hen would probably rather have a lay eggs in a happy environment in the comfort and protection of her rooster, with sunlight and outdoors and warmth, than to be put in a dark room and separated from her rooster. Think about it, would you shut yourself up in a dark room and segregate yourself from all men if it made you stop producing eggs?

I'm honestly not sure. I only knew those 4 people who went Vegan & the were on my animal care course at college.

At a guess, I'd say (just theory), because the nutritional requirements for people can vary. Many factors can influence this such as blood type, ancestors diets etc. Some people do well on higher protein, others on higher vitamins. Google & read for yourself, I just took a quick peak (very quick, so please don't challenge me on anything). I think things like your metabolism & thyroid also have an impact. My blood is O negative, so according to the web page I just visited I do indeed do better on a high protein & Lysine diet (as I already knew) as opposed to eating vegetables.
I just seem to really struggle digesting fruit & vegetables
hmm.png
& it is painful! Cereal is another thing I cannot eat.
Nor do I get cravings to eat those foods. My DH is another story, that guy practically lives off of boxes of cereal which would probably kill my digestion! Also he seems to crave fish a lot.

Say for instance if your family have eaten fish / seafood for generations your body will be pretty well adapted to draw all the nutritional value from that food.

Likewise if your family have lived off a rice / grain / vegetable diet for generations then they too will have adapted to lower levels of certain vitamins etc.

Its all about evolution, what your ancestors ate more of in their area where they lived will be what you thrive off the most because of genetics. Whether its a meat, veg or grain source doesn't matter.

Hopefully in a few more years we will learn more from science.
frow.gif

And I have just realized my diet is almost identical to my dogs. Lean meat, organ meat & a bit of vegetables on the side. My dogs are on homecooked meals btw
roll.png
we all eat pretty much the same stuff. The only thing different is they gnaw on bones daily, I only get to gnaw on a bone 3 times a week!

Also, when you feed the dogs cereal, the same thing happens to them as what happens to me... they get ill with indigestion. They can't stomach it anymore than I can. No more than a handful.
Some of us just can't stomach lots of grains / veg.
If people have trouble digesting fruits and vegetables, then it isn't normal. If it is possible the doctor can provide a solution to get your digestive system normal. I think natural or synthetic vitamins can help you if you have deficiency in some nutritional values. Equate plus is a type of milk that is very nutritious and it is sold for a good price. In fact it did help me gain weight. I was 11-12 pounds below the weight that I should have if my BMI is 18.5, about 3 months ago. Now I am 1-2 pounds away from reaching normal weight. In Hawaii, it is sold for $7.67 per box which contains 6 packs. Each pack contains 350 calories and 24 essential vitamins and minerals about 25-30% each, 2 of which is 8 and 15% each of required daily values. Maybe I can survive until I naturally die if I just drink those milk everyday and take some vitamins as supplement. My mom told me though, that it is not enough. But mathematically it seems enough, unless the numbers are false. I really want to be a vegan, but my parents doesn't want to switch on a vegan diet, so I have to force myself to eat the meat and fish that they buy. When I live on my own, then probably I will switch to vegan diet.

If people have trouble digesting fruits and vegetables, then it isn't normal. If it is possible the doctor can provide a solution to get your digestive system normal. I think natural or synthetic vitamins can help you if you have deficiency in some nutritional values. Equate plus is a type of milk that is very nutritious and it is sold for a good price. In fact it did help me gain weight. I was 11-12 pounds below the weight that I should have if my BMI is 18.5, about 3 months ago. Now I am 1-2 pounds away from reaching normal weight. In Hawaii, it is sold for $7.67 per box which contains 6 packs. Each pack contains 350 calories and 24 essential vitamins and minerals about 25-30% each, 2 of which is 8 and 15% each of required daily values. Maybe I can survive until I naturally die if I just drink those milk everyday and take some vitamins as supplement. My mom told me though, that it is not enough. But mathematically it seems enough, unless the numbers are false. I really want to be a vegan, but my parents doesn't want to switch on a vegan diet, so I have to force myself to eat the meat and fish that they buy. When I live on my own, then probably I will switch to vegan diet.
The doctors prescribed me IBS tablets 3 years ago which did nothing & then checked my colon. That's how I found out it was diet related issues.

Not everyone is equal in terms of diet. It varies depending on your original location. Eskimo's are an example, they thrive on mainly fish & meat in the arctic, something that's been naturally tuned over the generations. If you suddenly started introducing another food source, lets say, cereal, then chances are it would give them a serious stomach upset.

I understand where you are coming from, but it is a misconception to treat everyone the same in certain areas.

If you are still eating the meat & fish that they are buying then you will not have felt any possible "side effects" from being completely vegan.
Once you become completely Vegan you may thrive on it or you may find your body craving meat.

There is lots of information if you look, just google "Vegan craving meat" & do a bit of research just so you know about it.

And your mum is right. It won't be enough to do that because the vitamins etc that are in those products is synthesized. It is not the same as eating it fresh from the tree, so to speak.
I'm afraid I wouldn't be caught living off calorie drinks & tablets. It just doesn't replace real food.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom