How would you get rid of coyotes?

A lgd does not know where "its" land is. Some patrol far and wide, some more so than others. A typical fence will not hold a lgd if it wants out, they will hop right over a typical fence and go where they think they need to go to do what they consider to be their job. You do not want an agressive dog doing that. Liability from a dog bite can be very expensive and cause your home owner's insurance to go through the roof.

eventually they do learn their territory, they are bred for this for the last hundred years, some do get out yes, it takes proper training and the right dog and conditioning. Once a dog is imprinted on certain spaces a lot dogs wont like to leave that area if they are content. I have had storms here and the fence smashed open. My dogs are nasty, one has been used as a street patrol dog in the past. They dont leave their area. Females are clearly better than unfixed males. LGD are less likely to wonder than other breeds. I would talk to an actual reputable breeder on the breeds who sells them for working purposes rather than someone who does not keep or has experience with them.

Abnormal aggression happens when these dogs are kept in a too small area, or chained or something else. These are not family house pets they are meant to be pure guard dogs for large spaces.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to scare you, but children under 5 feet tall can be eaten by a coyote. Coyotes will attack children. Definitely keep them inside until the yotes are gone.

I have read articles where small kids have been attacked by coyotes. It seems that especially around cities they are losing their fear of people. I have also read articles about adults being attacked. I also would keep my kids inside until the coyote proble was solved.

If you had an anatolian shepherd you would never have to worry about that
wink.png

eventually they do learn their territory, they are bred for this for the last hundred years, some do get out yes, it takes proper training and the right dog and conditioning. Once a dog is imprinted on certain spaces a lot dogs wont like to leave that area if they are content. I have had storms here and the fence smashed open. My dogs are nasty one has been used as a street patrol dog in the past. They dont leave their area. Females are clearly better than unfixed males. LGD are less likely to wonder than other breeds.  I would talk to an actual reputable breeder on the breeds who sells them for working purposes rather than someone who does not keep or has experience with them.

Abnormal aggression happens when these dogs are kept in a too small area, or chained or something else.  These are not family house pets they are meant to be pure guard dogs for large spaces. 

What breed of lgd(s) do you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now i have a east block shepherd, A cao, and a co.

THe east block shepherd is the most "human" aggressive and by far the strongest for personal protection. ALso has killed the most predators.

The cao and co are most scary but they dont have speed or agility or good recall, they have not caught anything.

this is cao

this is a co

this is a east block shepherd import they are used a lot by police and military

Last edited:
Right now i have a east block shepherd, A cao, and a co.

THe east block shepherd is the most "human" aggressive and by far the strongest for personal protection. ALso has killed the most predators.

The cao and co are most scary but they dont have speed or agility or good recall, they have not caught anything.

Where I come from, those of the male gender who feel the need for a big bad agressiive dog ...well never mind. hahaha

Problem is the shepherds can't be left alone with stuck they are always busy have abnormal energy and need work all the time need a job they can jump a fence easy and are high strung, they are better and working under a person telling thhem what to do. They are horrible ddogs for public, they like to stay in one place, the east block shepherd wants to go where i go, the others 2 dont care about me much lol

the other 2 dogs are great for being left alone but they are HORRIBLE at being told what told what do because they were suppose to be sentry dogs. I am just a big dog fan to be honest. I like them as much as i love birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom