docteurshepherd

Songster
Nov 23, 2020
My Coop
My Coop
Thanks for having me!!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Not new, I've been raising chickens for over a decade. Our first chickens were a pair of golden sebrights named Kernel corn (or colonel?) and popcorn.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

As of right now I have I believe 11

(3) What breeds do you have?
Salmon faverolles, rhode island reds, one gray d'uccle, and a mille fleur d'uccle rooster named father time

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Getting your own eggs is very nice, providing a nice home for them, but really watching them and taking photos of them is my favorite. Below are some photos of them

Father Time;

fathertime (9).JPG Fathertime (14).JPG

Salmon Faverolle;
IMG_0606.JPG IMG_0617.JPG

Shirley, my gray d'uccle

Shirley (29).JPG

Thanks for having me!!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Not new, I've been raising chickens for over a decade. Our first chickens were a pair of golden sebrights named Kernel corn (or colonel?) and popcorn.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
As of right now I have I believe 11

(3) What breeds do you have?
Salmon faverolles, rhode island reds, one gray d'uccle, and a mille fleur d'uccle rooster named father time

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Getting your own eggs is very nice, providing a nice home for them, but really watching them and taking photos of them is my favorite. Below are some photos of them

Father Time;

View attachment 2423190 View attachment 2423191

Salmon Faverolle;
View attachment 2423192View attachment 2423193

Shirley, my gray d'uccle

View attachment 2423196
Welcome to
20201027_103847.png
Backyard Chickens

:welcome:woot:woot:celebrate:yesss: Welcome to BYC, You found an Awesome Forum to be a part of with lots of great knowledgeable members who are more then willing to jump in and help you with any questions you may have. :)

(1) Not new to chickens, Have had them once before years ago.

(2) We have 4 right now.

(3) They are Isa Brown Hens.

(4) Good fresh eggs on had is awesome, they are also entertainment and have their own little fun personalities about them.

Back
Top Bottom