Hubby made my babies a roost today.

TerryQui

Chirping
8 Years
May 23, 2011
Columbus Ohio
They were starting to roost on a tiny low to the ground perch that I use for baby green cheeks.
So I asked Mike to make me something that they can grow into a bit.
He did a great job. We both know that a bigger one is in order when these guys are full size, but it will give them something to play on.

roost.jpg

They are one week old now. I have silkies in the incubator also.
smile.png
I am truly enjoying Chickens!!!

Chicks+2.jpg

how old are they? when do they start to roost? mine are a week old and I was thinking that they might like a low perch a couple inches up... please advise me ... oh, and is there anything you can do at this young age for their entertainment? thanks

Quote:
Mine is a strip of wood nailed to two logs from the woodpile! Hey, if it works, it works! Not nearly as pretty as the OP's though.
smile.png

Quote:
Mine is a strip of wood nailed to two logs from the woodpile! Hey, if it works, it works! Not nearly as pretty as the OP's though.
smile.png

yuckyuck.gif

I built a small one for our chicks too....they LOVE it. Our EE is on it constantly and I caught our BO sleeping on it already. I had a stick from the yard in mine at first too but it fell one day and I felt like I had to do something more sturdy. I'll have to see if the next one can be more like a ladder, that is AWESOME
bow.gif

This is my FAR less impressive one
hide.gif

88804_003.jpg

Quote:
I am fairly new to this but I am getting the impression that there is always something else to add
wink.png

I borrowed three good-sized logs from the woodpile and put them in the pen. They're used for climbing on, sitting on, pecking at, and fighting over - oh, and roosting occasionally.

Quote:
Hi, they are one week old, same as yours. They were perching on a low perch today. It was two inches high. The back perch on this one is not high, so maybe they will use it tonight.
As for entertainment, I am new to this too, but mine are pretty entertaining to each other and peck everything in sight. I think it will be a bit more entertaining when I go get them some grit and start giving them meal worms to hunt. lol:lol:

Back
Top Bottom