1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Huh. Do they take a break on the same day?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickenLove123, Nov 10, 2011.

1. ChickenLove123

ChickenLove123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    I have a flock of three. Two are laying just about every day. Today there were no eggs in the nesting box. Maybe they are taking their day off together? Really???

2. kayjan

kayjan Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    Southeast Louisana
    Maybe they decided to take a girls day, working on their nails, take dust baths all day. Sometimes a girl needs to take it easy. Yesterday we had 2 eggs, today was 10. you just never know. [​IMG]

3. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Don't fret it. In the near future when you least expect it, you will find four eggs out there and wonder how the heck the ostrich made it into the nest box to one of them.

4. daver

daver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Linden, NC
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    I think this is very likely, especially with the shorter days. We had 8 from 8 yesterday, but several of them were laid late in the afternoon, so I don't expect very many today at all, since they aren't getting 14 hours of daylight.

6. ChickenLove123

ChickenLove123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Girl's day. [​IMG] That must've been it. Today they were back in action -- each laying slightly bigger eggs than usual.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by