Hungry post whelp bitch

We used to feed diamond green bag. OMG the gas! Good results, but the stench was eye watering. May just be the breed, but went to Wal-mart high pro with better results.

Using the Purina puppy for the stray pit bull momma. No clue what the daddy is. Everyone is saying boxer looking at the Vet's office. Sure???

Borzoi puppy getting Purina normal. And she shared her digestive issues with us on the trip home. I'm having flashbacks.

I'm not liking having to stock 3 different foods.

Thanks for the warning on the Purina large breed.
We used to feed the same. I found out the gas is because of all the corn. When I started diamond years ago it had chicken as the first ingredient, slowly it became corn, which dogs have troubles digesting but it's a cheap filler.

We switched to Taste of the Wild a few years ago and I have never looked back. No gas, no upset stomachs, firm stools, and very healthy looking dogs. I feed the Pacific stream and wetlands, and have raised all my dogs on their puppy formula.

Now the dummy had to get closer for a nap. JPEG_20180423_131446_3417942981864706643.jpg

These are the ugliest dogs I've ever seen.
Did you see Roomie's pugs?

Do you pet these things? They look like they would take an arm off.
They would if you stopped scratching them. Very passive aggressive.

They are horrible. Nutty....I'm scared to come over now. These things are going to attack me!
Be afwaid. Be vewy, vewy afwaid! They WILL wove you to deaf!

Wait I'm just now noticed the little normal looking one. Or is it a thing too?

More name calling. Yes, the little one is a baby big one. Borzoi Troika. Can't wait to see her lope through the awkward teenage months.

Frenchton??? :idunno A Frenchie & a Boston??? That's awesome!!!! :wee
She is awesome. Best dog ever. I've always wanted a French bulldog since back in the 80's when a kennel I worked at had a few. Such goofy dogs. Matilda has avoided some of the problems of both breeds by being a mix. Plus she sits like a goof.

@KikisGirls
See! We aren't the only ones with 13 dogs/pups in the house!
Thank you @syndie for this. LOL We're up to 7 puppies today.

BTW - we feed puppy food to nursing Mommas. When we run out, rice and hamburger cooked together is relished. Dump all in one pot and cook to a sticky, greasy mess. All our dogs love it. Eggs on top, even better.

Do dobies have bone problems if raised on high protein when young? Borzoi will get wonky frames so everyone cautions against high protein for those pups.

To clarify, feeding the momma high protein shouldn't be an issue and nursing moms need all they can get, hence the puppy food. When the pups wean, is when we make sure the pups don't only eat high protein diet. They get regular (20% protein? I'll have to check) so the bones and muscles grow right.

I'm figuring pretty close to the same principle as raising CX. Give them enough, but not too much.

Back
Top Bottom