Hunting Rant ---Mods Kill The Thread---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I'm done for the year. My main goal now is to make sure this idiot doesn't get any of my deer. Hopefully me and the dog going out there will keep them away today.

It just makes me so mad knowing that those 2 deer he shot a couple years ago either A.went off and died somewhere far away slowly and were wasted. or B.lived through an injury like that.

I wouldnt go out there in the woods while the idiot is in the woods....he might mistake you and your dog as deer.

Quote:
I'm done for the year. My main goal now is to make sure this idiot doesn't get any of my deer. Hopefully me and the dog going out there will keep them away today.

It just makes me so mad knowing that those 2 deer he shot a couple years ago either A.went off and died somewhere far away slowly and were wasted. or B.lived through an injury like that.

I wouldnt go out there in the woods while the idiot is in the woods....he might mistake you and your dog as deer.

Yea thats what I thought too.

I had a German Shepherd that was shot by a hunter... on our own land.
sad.png
No matter how much we tried to keep people off our land we always found evidence of them up in trees and make-shift blinds. We were very wary of others hunting there because of stupid people doing stupid things. My dad got a deer once and had to just dispose of the meat - it had been bow shot the previous year (apparently) and the meat did not look right. Poor thing was probably miserable. I support conscious hunting - although I think I'd only be able to do it if I (or my kids) were incredibly hungry. I'm glad others can/do hunt though - I realize that it is a necessary thing to maintain balance, without wolves, cougars, etc. humans have to step up.

I bowhunt, and unfortunately you can wound a deer with a bow or a rifle for that matter, but for him to shoot at a second deer in the same morning that he lost or wounded another is inexcusable.

Seems to me that your rant is better placed with him and/or your inlaws, (who I assume are the property owners). These rants about bad hunters don't do alot of good for those of us who are respectful hunters.

I was curious about your comment that "he can only bowhunt". Why can't he hunt with a rifle?

Thanks,

Pete

Quote:
Oh I already told the inlaws to tell him if he is going to shoot he better kill it because if I get asked to help track another one of his screw ups I'm going to say something to him. I don't like the guy. Kinda shady. PM'd you the details of why he must bow hunt.

Quote:
Yeah, it'd be a shame if you just happened to get the call of nature out there... and so did all your friends... yup a real shame.

I've never hunted myself, but I'm not against it... so long as it's clean as you said. Just running around shooting all over the place is dangerous and, when you don't kill the animal, flat out cruel. Some people should NOT be trusted with projectile weapons... heck some shouldn't be trusted with a butter knife.

Quote:
Yeah, it'd be a shame if you just happened to get the call of nature out there... and so did all your friends... yup a real shame.

I've never hunted myself, but I'm not against it... so long as it's clean as you said. Just running around shooting all over the place is dangerous and, when you don't kill the animal, flat out cruel. Some people should NOT be trusted with projectile weapons... heck some shouldn't be trusted with a butter knife.

I also caught a random dog on the trail cam this morning out there...maybe that will help. Just hope that dog doesn't get shot. By anyone. Not just this one idiot. If I catch the dog its going into town.

Quote:
I guess a few years back before I moved out here the deer would come up in the yard and the cats would be walking under them and rubbing on them. I like the deer. Is it sad that I can tell them apart on my trail cam and recognize some that are regulars?
smile.png

Ugh! Gee trying to be positive here.

nevermind! Wouldn't be a good contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom