hunting

What was it?
a canvas back duck
you see when my dad was younger you couldn't hunt them then the raised the limit to 1 then to none then to 1 and then 2 and now one per person but my dad has been out of duck hunting since 2009 since he had his mini stroke and he is getting back into and getting me and my sis into it and he can talk to them and my dad has a black duck mounted that he shot years ago

Congrats for the can and the Buffle Aubrey. I need to whack a drake goldeneye still. Our ducking has been real good this year. Really moreso from what I hear from other states

Last edited:
I wouldnt
Congrats for the can and the Buffle Aubrey. I need to whack a drake goldeneye still. Our ducking has been real good this year. Really moreso  from what I hear from  other states
I wouldn't say it bad in Illinois but I haven't hunted since 09 and this year and I have seen more from what I remember I mean I was little but ya

a canvas back duck
you see when my dad was younger you couldn't hunt them then the raised the limit to 1 then to none then to 1 and then 2 and now one per person but my dad has been out of duck hunting since 2009 since he had his mini stroke and he is getting back into and getting me and my sis into it and he can talk to them and my dad has a black duck mounted that he shot years ago
A canvasback is quite an achievement! Also neat that it is on the duck stamp this year! He could get the duck mounted and put the stamp into the display to mark the year. :)

Shawn, good to hear yall been doing good. Yall get goldeneye over there? Ive been wanting one for a while. Got some buddies hunting around Mex Bch this weekend... Think i have 4 birds at the taxidermist now , but i can always add more. Been wanting to go hit the coast fir some big mergansers and scoter too. But a golden eye would be very nice

A canvasback is quite an achievement! Also neat that it is on the duck stamp this year! He could get the duck mounted and put the stamp into the display to mark the year. :)

ya he's mounting it and man its been a while since he got one mounted the use to cost 125 and the prices are up and he is putting his liscense and the stamp next to it and I am glad he got it because he hasn't been hunting since 2009 and that's about when he had a mini stroke and they said he would lose interest in things he loved but me and my sister along with some help from my mom and a new duck hunter bella I call her bell shes learning how everything should be done except she has got to start knowing when the gun is shot she should be lookin you know?
:) for some reason duck hunting just really gets my mind off of things except I have got to learn to take something and get sleep the night before or else the boat puts me to sleep ... pretty bad I know!!

Haha yep i know the feeling. My butts dragging now. But ill be up early again tomorrow, Sat, and Sun.... Sleep in when work starts back Monday haha.
Glad he got back into it. Thats great! Itd take an aweful lot to stop me from doing it i think.... Glad hes getting it mounted too. Yeah i remember those $150,ish days. Here a good mount is $250 to $300 now

Back
Top Bottom