Silly little tip, but if you place a bowl of ice cubes in your freezer and lost power, you will know if your food defrosted and refroze if there is either ice cubes or frozen water in your bowl when you do finally open your freezer once power is restored.
Never would have thought of that. We don't get hurricanes here but often loose power in the winter. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you.

I'm good.
A lot of Houston lost power already but most is back up.

The rivers, creeks, bayous are all forecast to overflow their banks.
The flooding could last a week or two.

It's going to be a big mess very soon.

I'm good.
A lot of Houston lost power already but most is back up.

The rivers, creeks, bayous are all forecast to overflow their banks.
The flooding could last a week or two.

It's going to be a big mess very soon.
We pray to Our Lady of Prompt Succor (Mary, we are catholic as is most of the city and she is our patron saint) the Ursuline nuns brought her statue over and she has keep us through fire, the battle of NO in 1815 (war of 1812) and most hurricanes, anyway we are calling on her for both us and you. Glad to hear from you this morning. was afraid with the power outage we would not know anything for days. Give us an "I'm ok" daily if possible or when you can. We are truely feeling your pain and praying for the best. Also for all those in southeastern Texas. When it's over we will be attempting to render aid in anyway we can. Just praying we don't have another car lost to water this week, then could travel on weekends to help. you Texans keep safe. And keep us posted when you can.

KakisGirls, hope you have a 2 story home, if you have to go in the attic, please bring an axe or something you can cut a hole in the roof if it becomes necessary. Also, the eaves are the easiest place to kick boards out of your roof if you have to. also ment for any other Texans who find themselves in this possition.

Thanks everyone for well wishes! So far, no bad flooding but I don't think it will stay this way for that long. The hurricane is expected to curve around to Houston, we'll bring the birds in then, because we have a coop we are unfamiliar with, someone gave it to us.
Stay off the roads...
it's not looking good for "us" later in the week.

Back
Top Bottom