Pics
You're welcome!

I watched his speech and what I got from it was:
  • Stay in your house
  • If lower level becomes uninhabitable, go to roof, do not go to attic unless there is a way out.
  • Do not call 911 unless it's an emergency
  • Do not drive anywhere
  • Do not walk anywhere
I watched too, it was a little bit reassuring ... but i´m still so worried.

We are still safe. They are continuing to evacuate the other side of my neighborhood by both boat and helicopters now. The rain slows then comes down really hard but so far the slowing down part is working to lower the water level so it doesn't get in my house. My MIL now has water chest deep in her home. We are staying put for now. If water starts to come indoors we will be rescued. I'll check in later. It's safest for us to stay put for now. Can someone tell the rain god's to quit already.

I have 11 friends and their three pets from the coast sheltering with me since Thursday-Friday. Spent the previous week prepping for it "just in case". Thank goodness. An amazing amount of TP gets used!

News is trickling in to them from their contacts still on the Gulf. It is looking mighty grim folks. Many missing at this point. Some will turn up and we do hope all are soon accounted for. Estimates were that 40% of Rockport did not evacuate. That area is pretty devastated. Tornadoes have been running amok all through the area as well, increasing the damage. Over 2000 water rescues in just Houston so far. Over 13 ft of water on Houston roads near the bayous (big gullies).

So glad you are safe for now Kiki! Praying to those water gods, and anyone else who will listen, to kick this storm into gear and move its soggy butt away! Be safe and well.

We are still safe. They are continuing to evacuate the other side of my neighborhood by both boat and helicopters now. The rain slows then comes down really hard but so far the slowing down part is working to lower the water level so it doesn't get in my house. My MIL now has water chest deep in her home. We are staying put for now. If water starts to come indoors we will be rescued. I'll check in later. It's safest for us to stay put for now. Can someone tell the rain god's to quit already.
:hugs

MIL gets special quick prayer, as we are all still praying for rain to slack for all of SE Texas. Glad you are still okay and house is in good shape so far, keep us up dated when you can, know you have your hands full

I don't want to get fired
KiKi, glad you are safe, but I would go before you get water. They say it will only be getting worse. Better to be safe then sorry.
Do you have any cat carriers you could put the chickens in ?
Right now there really is no where to go. That is a big problem. They are taking people from my neighborhood to the second floor of the high school that is literally across the street from me. We will go there if water gets inside. But not until then

Back
Top Bottom